NJwrestlingguy

Is Oklahoma still D1?

They don't wrestle like it. Jeffries is worse now than he was as a FR. Mejias hasn't improved since coming to OU after winning a couple JUCO titles. Andrew Dixon improved to average, at least. The only halfway decent wrestler on their team that's improved is Moody, and he'll likely go 2-2 at NCAAs (if he's lucky). 

I don't know what's happening in OU's room but I know what I see on the mat is trash. I think Lou Rossellini has attracted some decent talent, but the guys he's got already aren't getting better. 

OU needs to clean house. 

Edited by TobusRex

They don't wrestle like it. Jeffries is worse now than he was as a FR. Mejias hasn't improved since coming to OU after winning a couple JUCO titles. Andrew Dixon boy improved to average, at least. The only halfway decent wrestler on their team that's improved is Moody, and he'll likely go 2-2 at NCAAs (if he's lucky).

I don't know what's happening in OU's room but I know what I see on the mat is trash. I think Lou Rossellini has attracted some decent talent, but the guys he's got already aren't getting better.

OU needs to clean house.

You’re from OK, correct? How is OU viewed down there among the elite kids? Do they get any consideration?

You’re from OK, correct? How is OU viewed down there among the elite kids? Do they get any consideration?

I grew up in OK and wrestled there, but I haven't lived there in about 27 years. I don't think they get serious consideration from the local studs at all. OSU gets all the top Oklahoma talent they want and leaves OU the scrubs. Kinda like OU does to OSU in football :D That's why OU recruits so heavily in Missour/Kansas, and also goes for southern boys (who ALMOST never work out) from Texas, Georgia, Florida, etc.

Havent heard anything about them in a couple years, Did they go NAIA?

Awesome.  Rutgers has a few year stretch where they are better than OU for the first time in history and you're coming out of the woodwork to take unprovoked potshots.  As bad as OU is I'd bet they win a team trophy before Rutgers even if it takes over a decade.  

Awesome. Rutgers has a few year stretch where they are better than OU for the first time in history and you're coming out of the woodwork to take unprovoked potshots. As bad as OU is I'd bet they win a team trophy before Rutgers even if it takes over a decade.

I’ll take that bet. RU in better wrestling state, better conference, great new facilities coming...

I grew up in OK and wrestled there, but I haven't lived there in about 27 years. I don't think they get serious consideration from the local studs at all. OSU gets all the top Oklahoma talent they want and leaves OU the scrubs. Kinda like OU does to OSU in football :D That's why OU recruits so heavily in Missour/Kansas, and also goes for southern boys (who ALMOST never work out) from Texas, Georgia, Florida, etc.

So, you are saying that Daton Fix had no trouble clicking the left button on this call?

26828820408_dbd05c1941_o_d.jpg

Cody absolutely gutted them. OU should have canned him sooner

Woodley and Mantanona should be solid next year

Boyd to 285 or 184?  I have no clue about his build but he had a good year. 

Demas had a rough redshirt year and who knows with Litterell.

Edited by LemonPie

I’ll take that bet. RU in better wrestling state, better conference, great new facilities coming...

Rutgers is absolutely in better shape and is a rock solid program these days.  OU is a train wreck and you have to look hard to find any encouraging signs.  But it's still a good bet because if even if OU never returns to former glory and never wins another team trophy in program history, that just means the bet is an eternal push.  

Rutgers is absolutely in better shape and is a rock solid program these days. OU is a train wreck and you have to look hard to find any encouraging signs. But it's still a good bet because if even if OU never returns to former glory and never wins another team trophy in program history, that just means the bet is an eternal push.

Many feel NCSU, Va Tech, have a shot at the podium this year. If you feel RU can’t reach that level, you’re nuts.

Is Goodale taking them there? Debatable. The next hire will be a name coach and their improvement will continue.

Many feel NCSU, Va Tech, have a shot at the podium this year. If you feel RU can’t reach that level, you’re nuts.

Is Goodale taking them there? Debatable. The next hire will be a name coach and their improvement will continue.

Not looking to be a serious contender unless they recruit outside of NJ.  I have never seen anything like their roster.  Just Deluca is from elsewhere and he is a senior.

I really dont think Popolizio will be leaving NC state any time soon... but...

The two places I could see him going are Rutgers, and Okie State. 

With that being said... I think Pritz is next at Rutgers, if they dont keep Goodale on top. Why fix what isnt broken, though? I think theyre doing a fine job as is, and improving. I dont think its a stretch to say they will contend for Trophies. 

Edited by iGranby