Sign in to follow this  
highlife

Fearless warrior

Just watched the new flo film, seems Cael was pushing suriano to wrestle when he wasn’t ready and that compounded him just not fitting in with the fun bunch in happy valley.

My opinion was it seemed to be the opposite, suriano wanting to wrestle and Cael holding him back....interesting look but still doesn’t totally answer what went on there.

NO, he said he refused to get surgery against Caels advise. No screws, no wrestling.

How do you think burroughs got back in time.

You just said the exact same thing I did? I’m not attacking Cael or anyone here, simply relaying what was said. Penn state led by Cael wanted him to get surgery and try to get back, he did not want to. Add in he was already disenfranchised in happy valley and mystery solved. I don’t see how your in disagreement ?

A few observations:

Some believed the narrative to be that Suriano thought he could wrestle, but Cael and Penn State didn't allow it

Apparently that is not how it was (from Suriano's statements)

So, why does he feel he got robbed?  He was injured in a dual meet before B1Gs and couldn't compete.  He wasn't held out by the PSU staff thereby denying him his opportunity to wrestle

Other items:

The Rutgers PA announced him as a returning AA, which he was not

When is the 1st lawsuit going to be levied by some group that is sure to be offended that a coach at a public university initiated the Lord's Prayer in a university facility?

I thought video was well done. I don’t appreciate Flo trailer presenting it like a “piss on PSU piece”

Very simple. Super focused kid with huge goals. Injury robbed him of goal. He didn’t point fingers or blame anyone.

The injury messed him up mentally and he reavaluated things. He more of an “I” guy than a “we” guy.

Jersey is best place for him. I wish him the best. I’m not happy about the hole he left at PSU but we’ll be better of in the end with guys that want to be there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A few observations:

Some believed the narrative to be that Suriano thought he could wrestle, but Cael and Penn State didn't allow it

So, why does he feel he got robbed?  He was injured in a dual meet before B1Gs and couldn't compete.  He wasn't held out by the PSU staff thereby denying him his opportunity to wrestle

Other items:

When is the 1st lawsuit going to be levied by some group that is sure to be offended that a coach at a public university initiated the Lord's Prayer in a university facility?

I heard that as well while watching and had to rewind to make sure I heard it correctly.

Interesting. I recall last summer a different team being criticized for having some of their wrestlers bring up God and expressed their religious faith during post match interviews. Their team/coach was criticized and accused of pushing religion on their wrestlers, YET I don't think we ever saw that head coach leading the team in the most famous Christian prayer of all time.

I also don't recall a single peep critiscizng a certain wrestler nicknamed after a patriotic comic book/movie superhero where in an interview during half time of the biggest dual meet of the 2018 season mentioning the area in which he's most improved is in his relationship with Christ. I also seem to recall seeing one of the head coaches from that same dual (the coach of the previously mentioned superhero nicknamed wrestler) in the locker room prior to the meet starting leading his team in a prayer after giving a speech about dark places.

Maybe teams that wear the color red are allowed to express their religion, but teams in blue are not...

Edited by BigTenFanboy

This story is about nothing. I’m curious what Suriano will be doing in 10 years from now. Isn’t that what college is suppose to prepare you for?

He has espoused MMA in the past, so maybe he will be in the Octagon. I will say a prayer he doesn't get his head bashed in. 

A few observations:

Other items:

Seemed to me that he meant his injury "robbed him" of his shot. In the bit before/during the Piccinini match he said something about how it "was taken away" from him. 

I saw no indication from him that Cael/PSU did anything foul other than trying to put roadblocks up for him wrestling this season. He does not directly bash Cael or PSU in any way shape or form except for when it comes to his transfer. Even then, he simply says things along the lines of "They did everything they could to stop it". Never indicates that Cael or PSU took anything from him - which is what I've seen a lot of people elude to, unfortunately. 

Edited by iGranby

Cael should have been pissed about Suriano leaving.  I wonder if Spencer Lee would be at PSU if they did not have Suriano?  Suriano's decision to leave arguably left PSU without two wrestlers, Suriano and the one (whomever that might be) they didn't recruit. 

PSU did exactly what Illinois did regarding Cortez’s transfer and that was playing by the established rules. Seems to me that NS is being a little overly sensitive and demanded special treatment. He made a mistake going to Penn State in the first place. Glad he is at Rutgers but except for winning his matches, he does nothing for the program like Ashnult has done.

I thought video was well done. I don’t appreciate Flo trailer presenting it like a “piss on PSU piece”

Very simple. Super focused kid with huge goals. Injury robbed him of goal. He didn’t point fingers or blame anyone.

The injury messed him up mentally and he reavaluated things. He more of an “I” guy than a “we” guy.

Jersey is best place for him. I wish him the best. I’m not happy about the hole he left at PSU but we’ll be better of in the end with guys that want to be there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, same feeling here. Flo is like every other web presence.  They need clicks.  Nick sounded like a good kid and definitely didn't point fingers...at least in what made it to the final video product. A little bit of darkness projected in that PSU didn't call him to tell him he won his transfer...that he heard it from Pritzlaff.  I hope he didn't expect PSU to call him.  He left them in a 2 year hole at 125.  What did he expect?

As far as the injury, seems like just a difference of opinion to me as far as treatment. Sanderson wanted him to get surgery...he didn't.  My impression from what he said was that no surgery and re-hab would get him on the mat at last year's NCAAs while surgery might have ended his season.  I get the impression he wanted to be a 4 timer.  That and living in HV...he didn't like it.  Hey, HV is not for everyone.  Good luck in Jersey.  PSU will be fine with three 4-time state champ lightweights coming in next year.  One thing is for sure...after this year he is definitely the show at the RAC.

Cael should have been pissed about Suriano leaving.  I wonder if Spencer Lee would be at PSU if they did not have Suriano?  Suriano's decision to leave arguably left PSU without two wrestlers, Suriano and the one (whomever that might be) they didn't recruit. 

They did not stop recruiting Spencer (or Daton Fix) because they had Nick...that is a fallacy.  PSU is about talent acquisition, pure and simple. 

Jeez look at PSU's incoming class: Teske, Teasdale, Bravo-Young, Beard, Brooks. Nevills....all top 20 talent.

Look at Rutgers: Aguilar, Benner.  NJ's price recruits? Glory to Princeton. Griffith to Stanford.  Merola to Cornell. Ramirez to Cornell.

Do they get Cardenas maybe?

PSU did exactly what Illinois did regarding Cortez’s transfer and that was playing by the established rules. Seems to me that NS is being a little overly sensitive and demanded special treatment. He made a mistake going to Penn State in the first place. Glad he is at Rutgers but except for winning his matches, he does nothing for the program like Ashnult has done.

Oh, I understand. PSU was completely within their rights, there is nothing wrong with that from a standpoint of playing by the rules. I'm not arguing that at all.

I don't get what you mean though by him being overly sensitive. Sounds like you're just trying to throw a thinly veiled shot. It came down to a committee vote and they allowed the kid to compete this season. Everyone is allowed to fight their case, that's not special treatment and it is completely within the student athlete's rights - just like its within a university's rights to try and keep a kid from competing after they leave and stay within conference. 

Edited by iGranby

Oh, I understand. PSU was completely within their rights, there is nothing wrong with that from a standpoint of playing by the rules. I'm not arguing that at all.

I don't get what you mean though by him being overly sensitive. Sounds like you're just trying to throw a thinly veiled shot. It came down to a committee vote and they allowed the kid to compete this season. Everyone is allowed to fight their case, that's not special treatment and it is completely within the student athlete's rights - just like its within a university's rights to try and keep a kid from competing after they leave and stay within conference.

Excellent point!