Sign in to follow this  
BigTenFanboy

Upset Specials - First Round

I'm sure the Michigan coaches see Amine v Hayes as an opportunity.   

Other than coaches believing in their athletes and anything being possible at NCAAs, what makes you think this is feasible?  Amine went 1-3 in the Big 10 tournament and lost 9-2 last time to Hayes. He is one of the weakest wrestlers in the weight with 0 wins over anyone in the top 20 according to wrestlestat. 

Edited by Billyhoyle

I'm sure the Michigan coaches see Amine v Hayes as an opportunity.

I get what your saying but Amine didn’t come close to scoring an offensive point against Hayes at Michigan a few weeks back. I thought Hayes was a little sluggish but still won 9-2 in that environment rather easily. Amine, like the kid from Rutgers and Heilman at the Cliff Keen, will need to put Hayes on his back via a big move to have a chance. So of course there’s a chance, but very unlikely.

really don't want this to happen but Tucker over #9 Gus at 133 wouldn't be a huge shocker. 

Gustafson beat Tucker 3-2 at CKLV, so it wouldn't be that big of a shock.  I don't think Tucker has given up a takedown in 2018 (albeit against lesser opponents, but including Scott Parker and DeSanto (twice)).  How weird is that, for an unseeded guy?

Ian Brown has a win over Alec Pantaleo this season. I'm not calling that, but it adds some flavor to the bracket.

For sure. It means many of us will be choosing this match over the other first round matchups to watch.

I think Panteleo could win the whole thing. His draw is solid