josephe

Suriano drama...again

Well I don't know Nick, but my take from the Flo piece is that Nick's situation and resultant emotional troubles magically resolved when he crossed the Delaware. He gets along with his teammates because they are his people, he is adored and worshiped by his coach and fans, he was deemed eligible and will be the first Rutgers champion, he doesn't need surgery and he routinely has pictures of his abs published on the internet. Definitely not troubled anymore ..... well other than occasional flu-like symptoms and non-surgical lower body injuries.

If only the rest of us could find our river. And our abs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by swoopdown

I think that was the problem at PSU... he wasn’t worshiped, he wasn’t necessarily the best wrestler on the team and he didn’t like that. He wants his ass kissed and that wasn’t happening in that room.

This is what my interpretation of the drama was as well.  Nick got hurt and it seemed like he expected Cael to crumble to the ground in tears (huge exaggeration) and when Cael and co. didnt and the team continued on with business as usual, nick got his feelings hurt and "took his ball and went home".  

I think that was the problem at PSU... he wasn’t worshiped, he wasn’t necessarily the best wrestler on the team and he didn’t like that. He wants his ass kissed and that wasn’t happening in that room.

I personally don't buy that. In HS he was on one of the best teams in the country, although I'd admit he was the best kid and got the most attention.

I personally don't buy that. In HS he was on one of the best teams in the country, although I'd admit he was the best kid and got the most attention.

His first two years, Sebastian got the attention. He was surrounded by state champs and D1 kids the whole time.

I agree, he wasn’t a big fish in a small pond.

I'll admit that I am confused as hell.   All the talk last year was that Cael was preventing Nick from going for the title.  Now the word is that Cael was pushing for him to get a treatment that would have highest chance of letting him go for the title that year.  But Nick didn't want to do it.   Very confused.

That said, I think this particular issue may have brought Nick's unhappiness into focus.  Sounds like he wasn't happy in Happy Valley for whatever reason and this situation helped him to make a firm decision to make a change.  So be it.  

Hoping he is healthy this week.  Really want to see the best go head to head, at their best.

(I think that was the problem at PSU... he wasn’t worshiped, he wasn’t necessarily the best wrestler on the team and he didn’t like that. He wants his ass kissed and that wasn’t happening in that room.) Finally the truth wait and see what happens when he gets beat and doesn't win NCAA . Very good wrestler but when you go undefeated in High School and  lose get hurt and it don't go your way sometimes your in shock . At Rutgers he can get all the praise and glory but let see what happens if he loses some matches.       

(I

think that was the problem at PSU... he wasn’t worshiped, he wasn’t necessarily the best wrestler on the team and he didn’t like that. He wants his ass kissed and that wasn’t happening in that room.) Finally the truth wait and see what happens when he gets beat and doesn't win NCAA . Very good wrestler but when you go undefeated in High School and lose get hurt and it don't go your way sometimes your in shock . At Rutgers he can get all the praise and glory but let see what happens if he loses some matches.

The PA guys are still sore from being dumped. Sad.

Funny, this thread says much more about PSU fans than it does about Nick Suriano; not a good look for them.

Funny, but I think politics has a lot more to do with this topic than anything else. I'd bet dollars to donuts there is a correlation with non-Trump and Trump supporters and the way this thread has materialized. It would be interesting to see a roll-call on this but I'm sure that would violate the board rules. I think political ideologies impact Flo coverage, NWCA duals championship discussions, NCAA Championship modifications and rule changes over the past few years, etc.

Funny, but I think politics has a lot more to do with this topic than anything else. I'd bet dollars to donuts there is a correlation with non-Trump and Trump supporters and the way this thread has materialized. It would be interesting to see a roll-call on this but I'm sure that would violate the board rules. I think political ideologies impact Flo coverage, NWCA duals championship discussions, NCAA Championship modifications and rule changes over the past few years, etc.

Which camp are you in?

Is it being pro or anti trump that causes you to take cheap shots at Suriano?

My comment was not a cheap shot. It was a comment to make a broader point. We just observe it differently.

You called a wildly successful young man/kid troubles, based on your biased opinions formed by your loyalty to PSU.

Anyone who doesn’t want to be a part of PSU must be troubled, right?

Wrong.

Than explain why he’s troubled? Enough so you felt comfortable putting out there publicly?

I don’t know the kid, I doubt you do either. It’s a cheap shot to throw such a statement around.

Has nothing to do w politics, but rather decency.