fullnelson

How many NCAAs have you attended

My first was at u of Maryland. We (isu) ended the “X”. It was our 8th team title. Iowa was runner up. PSU was third. John smith was OW. 1987

My last was in 2000 at St. Louis. We (isu) had 4 in the finals but we lost every head to head matchup with a strong Hawk team (every match up in every session). That same year I began posting on mat dot com and have now posted 18 consecutive years but have not attended a NCAA division 1 wrestling championship since.

You guys are like reel friends to me.

Edited by xander

20 (two as a competitor 18 as a fan), first one in ‘72...walked in and immediately saw defending champ Fujita (OSU) throw his headgear across the field house as far as he could (with his good arm) after dislocating his shoulder and defaulting out of the first round.

Edited by gromit

20 (two as a competitor 18 as a fan), first one in ‘72...walked in and immediately saw defending champ Fujita (OSU) throw his headgear across the field house as far as he could (with his good arm) after dislocating his shoulder and defaulting out of the first round.

so head gear throwing been around for a while

My streak of 22 years ends this year.  Will be cruising in SE Asia including Vietnam.  Will start a new streak in Pittsburgh next year.  Originally from the BURG.  Have a great time in Cleveland.  Will be watching on TV.

This will be my 5th. First time was as a college student at Lehigh in 1975 at Princeton. Got tickets at the door for all sessions except sold out finals. After the semis my friend and I duct taped the latch on a dozen or so doors leading into the lower levels of Jadwin. Were able to sneak in one of them later on for the finals, and got to see two Lehigh wrestlers win - Mike’s Frick and Lieberman.

First was 1972 at Maryland when our high school coach took us - got to see the Milkovich bros, Schalles, Carl Adams, Ben Peterson all win titles.

Then 1991-1994, then 2003 - 2017 with a couple of breaks. Will be back for Pittsburgh next year.  

1997-2012, 2014-2015, 2018 and my favorites were Philadelphia, Iowa City, and Omaha. I understand the central location of St Louis but I really like them moving it around. I thought St Louis was nice the first and second times but after that the outside the arena has gotten kind of stale in my opinion. I would make the trip for a west coast tournament. Also if I were the NCAA I would offer Florida a championship when someone starts or restarts a DI program there. I would love to make it a 10 day trip to go to the Sunshine state.