• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 russling

russling

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 10:30 AM

Does this usually happen every year and who may do it this year?

#2 Zebra

Zebra

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,935 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 11:27 AM

2107 unseeded to AA.

149 Alex Kocer SDSU 8th place

157 Paul Fox STAN 7th place

174 Jake Residori SIUE 8th place - Internesting note he beat Kyle Crutchmer the 7 seed in the first round then lost to him for 7th place. Numerology in action. 

• Gantry likes this

#3 Greatdane67

Greatdane67

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 03:03 PM

I believe there are 3 returning AAs who are not even seeded in the top 16. Thorn, Fox and Womack. Any others?

#4 MSU158

MSU158

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,035 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 06:16 AM

2107 unseeded to AA.

149 Alex Kocer SDSU 8th place

157 Paul Fox STAN 7th place

174 Jake Residori SIUE 8th place - Internesting note he beat Kyle Crutchmer the 7 seed in the first round then lost to him for 7th place. Numerology in action.

Projecting unseeded wrestlers in 99 years? Mad skills. Names look pretty familiar though! ;)

#5 Zebra

Zebra

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,935 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 08:54 AM

Projecting unseeded wrestlers in 99 years? Mad skills. Names look pretty familiar though! ;)

Man that's twice in as many weeks I transposed those exact same numbers. 

#6 spladle

spladle

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 08:59 AM

I could see an unseeded wrestler making the finals at 125. We have 3 high seeds with knee braces. One bad series and they are out.

#7 tec87

tec87

Gold Member

• Members
  • 7,090 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 09:08 AM

I could see an unseeded wrestler making the finals at 125. We have 3 high seeds with knee braces. One bad series and they are out.

2010 at 125 all over again. Lol
FIRE UP CHIPS!!!!

#8 JohnnyThompsonnum1

JohnnyThompsonnum1

Gold Member

• Members
  • 8,421 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 03:42 AM

You're going to see less and less of it now that they seed 16 guys per bracket. 

I think this year....

Tommy Thorn of Minnesota was clearly hurt/unhealthy at the BIG 10's.  If he's better now and 100%, I for sure see him making the award stand as an U.S. wrestler 

Jared Prince of Navy is going to get knocked into the consolation bracket first thing in a loss to Brandon Sorensen of Iowa, but I think his route to four consolation victories for an AA medal is doable. 

Paul Fox is dangerous at this tournament. Going to give the Cardinal a nod here. 

Like Prince, Jonathan Schleifer isn't going to win his first round match and he'd have to have one Hell of an upset or two in the consolations, but I'll give it some possibility. He wrestles well in tournaments. 

I'm on the Jake A Smith of West Virginia train.  If he knocks Darmstadt off in the first round, I will not be shocked.  

"Gable said something in the newspapers to the effect that he had to show up on the podium and accept defeat like he accepted winning. Personally, I think that's the mark of a true sportsman. Such antics as having to be called repeatedly to the awards podium, hopping down prematurely, trashing one's medal at the venue, etc., don't show how much a guy hates to lose, etc. Taking a loss like a man, then coming back to compete harder (again like Gable did) does." Hurricanewrestling

#9 Juanma25

Juanma25
  • Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 03:56 AM

Hoping Delvecchio breaks through and places as a Senior this year.

Edited by Juanma25, 13 March 2018 - 03:57 AM.

#10 TobusRex

TobusRex

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 08:11 AM

That's a ballsy pick, as stuffed as 125 is with studs! Who did you have in mind?

#11 teach

teach

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 610 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 08:27 AM

197 is a pretty open weight for an AA from an unranked guy, maybe Ritter from WI

285 is also a possibility after the top 4 there are a lot of toss ups and after the top 2 maybe even, I say someone like Heino, or Ryan, I always think Solomon could put one together too?

#12 rocklobsta

rocklobsta
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 08:38 AM

You're going to see less and less of it now that they seed 16 guys per bracket. 

I think this year....

Tommy Thorn of Minnesota was clearly hurt/unhealthy at the BIG 10's.  If he's better now and 100%, I for sure see him making the award stand as an U.S. wrestler 

Jared Prince of Navy is going to get knocked into the consolation bracket first thing in a loss to Brandon Sorensen of Iowa, but I think his route to four consolation victories for an AA medal is doable. 

Paul Fox is dangerous at this tournament. Going to give the Cardinal a nod here. 

Like Prince, Jonathan Schleifer isn't going to win his first round match and he'd have to have one Hell of an upset or two in the consolations, but I'll give it some possibility. He wrestles well in tournaments. 

I'm on the Jake A Smith of West Virginia train.  If he knocks Darmstadt off in the first round, I will not be shocked.  

Wouldn't be shocked to see Prince knock off a less than 100% Sorensen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users