RetiredPoster

Any Wisconsin coaching news around Cleveland?

I heard from a pretty good source that he did apply....

Perhaps applying now for a job he may consider, a job that could give him an offer he doesn't want to refuse, or even a few jobs he wouldn't take if offered is to get experience in the process so that when he is ready, he is ready. David may not have an aeronautical degree, but he is very intelligent and this could be a part of a larger plan. Just because he is offered a job, doesn't mean he takes a job or ever had any intention of accepting a job. This happens much more in football and basketball than people are aware of or recognize. I think David or anyone in his position needs to be selective in who they apply to if the experience is his intention for preperation as to not dissuade the potential opportunities that will be there in the future.

Personally, I hope Wisconsin gets a coach that is either an seasoned assistant somewhere, or a proven coach that is moving up from a lower Division. Reason is, I like what Coach Bono is doing at SDSU, and I would like him to stay and have continued success there. I know Wisconsin needs to be successful, but I feel that it's also good for College Wrestling to see a lot of other programs across the nation having success as well.

Didn't Bono have limited success in his other stints before SDSU? He is doing a great job there now so i hope he stays. Sometimes when guys more to a bigger school, they don't find the same success (ex. Mark Cody). Hahn and Askren are unproven as head coaches, but I think they are worth the risk

Didn't Bono have limited success in his other stints before SDSU? He is doing a great job there now so i hope he stays. Sometimes when guys more to a bigger school, they don't find the same success (ex. Mark Cody). Hahn and Askren are unproven as head coaches, but I think they are worth the risk

Bono did some very good stuff at Chattanooga before SDSU.

Seems like a tough spot for an active coach. Since this is public it is clear that Bono is not committed to SDSU long term. That has to hurt a bit recruiting wise. No?

I’m sure folks will say no big deal — don’t got to the school for the coach. But Bono is a big deal. Him leaving in the near future becomes a much more apparent and real risk.

I’m sure the coaches wish this kind of stuff could be kept private.