Sign in to follow this  
TBar1977

First Session Thread

Wow - Viruet over Rogers 6-5... no Marsteller-Rogers revenge match in R16

Rogers gave up 2 TDs in the first 2 minutes and then Viruet did nothing for 5 minutes without a warning and then got the benefit of a replay when he got thrown on his back in the 3rd.  

That's why giving up early TDs is a bad idea.

It's got nothing to do with soft schedule.  PSU had a soft schedule last year and crushed.  Wrestling a million tough matches is not the only way to get ready.  You don't see Olympic guys getting tough matches in the 3 months before the Olympics.  

This could be very big in the team race.  I didnt have Micah making the semi's but he should pretty much walk right into it now.

This, Amine screwing up his 149 bout with Hayes, and Lee getting sloppy and decked. First round is all Ohio State and worst case (I guess Nolf could have looked bad) for PSU. 

It's got nothing to do with soft schedule.  PSU had a soft schedule last year and crushed.  Wrestling a million tough matches is not the only way to get ready.  You don't see Olympic guys getting tough matches in the 3 months before the Olympics.  

i don't look at it from "tough schedule gets you ready for the big dance"

i look at it as Mizzou was rewarded with high seeds due to soft schedule and it is showing now.