Sign in to follow this  
GranbyTroll

I really enjoyed the "Nick Lee is gonna make a difference" Era...

He was trailing before he got put in his back I think.

He got two takedowns in the first minute, minute and a half.  Gave up a sloppy reversal, got an escape, got sloppy again in the continuation and got thrown

First round upsets are only huge deals if they involve a guy who is a favorite to reach the finals.  Right now he can still score as many points (or more) as he would have on the frontside.  I'd wait until after session 3 to start crowing too much about the impact of the first round. By then the guys who've laid an egg have been sent home and the guys who just got caught have made their run through to the blood round.

I haven't really been impressed with what I've seen from him so far. Wrestles a very sloppy style. Think the redshirt year would have polished him up a bit more. What was his pedigree coming out of high school?

Freshman year at state lost to Micic

Sophmore year won state

Junior year lost close one to Chad Red.

Senior year skipped HS season to go to PSU early and train with NLWC.

Fargo title and some other national accomplishments and international matches during HS years too.

Edited by MadMardigain

I haven't really been impressed with what I've seen from him so far. Wrestles a very sloppy style. Think the redshirt year would have polished him up a bit more. What was his pedigree coming out of high school?

All about positioning with him.  Has good technique, great aggression, but at higher levels position is first and foremost.  And he just doesn't have the understanding for positioning yet.  But he will.  He's in a pretty good room to learn.

Edited by Lurker

Pigtail loss by fall to Maryland. Not looking great for the Carl Crew

His era will be just fine....I guess Sanderson could have done the "let's transfer in  a top 125 or 133 pounder era" to fill a hole in the line up. After losing Suriano and a late season injury to pretty much a guarantee finalist, .the'yre not out of this yet. We'll see what rabbits TOSU pulls out of their hat next season. 

His era will be just fine....I guess Sanderson could have done the "let's transfer in a top 125 or 133 pounder era" to fill a hole in the line up. After losing Suriano and a late season injury to pretty much a guarantee finalist, .the'yre not out of this yet. We'll see what rabbits TOSU pulls out of their hat next season.

Does this guy not realize that Penn State’s 125 and 133 wrestlers are both transfers?

Does this guy not realize that Penn State’s 125 and 133 wrestlers are both transfers?

Not even close to the level of McKenna . There were no illusions they would "make a difference" like Mckenna. 

Not even close to the level of McKenna . There were no illusions they would "make a difference" like Mckenna. 

You're right.  Cael would never allow a former finalist to transfer into his program. That is not something he will ever do, no matter how Long he coaches wrestling. It would be an assault on his values.

Edited by Billyhoyle

His era will be just fine....I guess Sanderson could have done the "let's transfer in  a top 125 or 133 pounder era" to fill a hole in the line up. After losing Suriano and a late season injury to pretty much a guarantee finalist, .the'yre not out of this yet. We'll see what rabbits TOSU pulls out of their hat next season. 

Your post sounds kind of bitter

Cael had David Taylor transfer from Caels alma mater, and to make room,Bubba Jenkins was sent packing.

Your post sounds kind of bitter

Cael had David Taylor transfer from Caels alma mater, and to make room,Bubba Jenkins was sent packing.

I will never be one to defend the Old142 but please remind us all of how classes at ISU David Taylor completed prior to "transfering" to PSU?

You're right.  Cael would never allow a former finalist to transfer into his program. That is not something he will ever do, no matter how Long he coaches wrestling. It would be an assault on his values.

Gee I didn't know Tom Ryan coached Mckenna while he was at Stanford then brought him along when he got the job at Ohio State . Wow you can coach at two schools at the same time..I'll be darn.