MSU158

The upsets I just can't wrap my head around....

From Lightest to Heaviest

Nick Lee-I know Diehl has had some spurts but Lee just looked out of it to me.

Lavallee-Seriously?  I don't want to take away from Monday, but does Lavallee have a tough cut or the flu?  That is the worst I have seen him move and when he at least got it back to 8-6 with a bit over a minute left, he just parallel rode the last minute or so without even coming close to any form of a turn.  At least show some fricking urgency!

Rogers-Another guy that showed next to no urgency until the last 45 secs or so.  I do think the ref did him no favors not calling stalling when Rogers double overed him twice off the mat.  Still, a very poorly wrestled match.

Parker-Why did he not wrestle off the bottom like he did the last 30 secs or so?  Lack of urgency, again makes no sense to me.  However, I do think he had 2 reversal at the end.

Have those match-ups re-wrestle and there is NO WAY I could pick the same winners...........

From Lightest to Heaviest

Nick Lee-I know Diehl has had some spurts but Lee just looked out of it to me.

Lavallee-Seriously?  I don't want to take away from Monday, but does Lavallee have a tough cut or the flu?  That is the worst I have seen him move and when he at least got it back to 8-6 with a bit over a minute left, he just parallel rode the last minute or so without even coming close to any form of a turn.  At least show some fricking urgency!

Rogers-Another guy that showed next to no urgency until the last 45 secs or so.  I do think the ref did him no favors not calling stalling when Rogers double overed him twice off the mat.  Still, a very poorly wrestled match.

Parker-Why did he not wrestle off the bottom like he did the last 30 secs or so?  Lack of urgency, again makes no sense to me.  However, I do think he had 2 reversal at the end.

Have those match-ups re-wrestle and there is NO WAY I could pick the same winners...........

Not shocked about Lee at all...Diehl is all funk on bottom, top, and with headlock; called it with him getting Lee off the scale. Don't go 

all in with a gambler, don't funk with a funker. 

He did this to Thorn a few weeks back. https://youtu.be/VIIBuKWrTwk?t=1m51s

Not shocked about Lee at all...Diehl is all funk on bottom, top, and with headlock; called it with him getting Lee off the scale. Don't go 

all in with a gambler, don't funk with a funker. 

He did this to Thorn a few weeks back. https://youtu.be/VIIBuKWrTwk?t=1m51s

I could see it, if he hadn't wrestled him before.  But, he went a full 22-10 match with him.  Just not what I would expect out of a PSU wrestler at NCAA's.

I thought Nick Lee looked fine until he got caught. My guess is that he was trying too hard to put up points and win by bonus and he ended up paying the price for it. 

Monday wasn't a surprise because people had been saying for some time now that he'd be a landmine sitting in the brackets, but I'm very happy he won.

Rogers was a surprise and it's too bad we won't get to see him and Marsteller go in the next round. I was also expecting him to be penalized for tearing Viruet's singlet - do the officials usually let that sort of thing go? I know it was probably incidental, but still.

I thought Nick Lee looked fine until he got caught. My guess is that he was trying too hard to put up points and win by bonus and he ended up paying the price for it. 

Monday wasn't a surprise because people had been saying for some time now that he'd be a landmine sitting in the brackets, but I'm very happy he won.

Rogers was a surprise and it's too bad we won't get to see him and Marsteller go in the next round. I was also expecting him to be penalized for tearing Viruet's singlet - do the officials usually let that sort of thing go? I know it was probably incidental, but still.

If Rogers would have scored after that, I am sure the opposing coaches would have challenged and rightly won.  Since it didn't matter, the refs just let it slide as incidental.

LaValle tech’d Monday just a few months ago. Wrestler bearing an opponent at the national tournament who tech’d them earlier in the same season is a surprise...