Sign in to follow this  
ElChangodeAmor

Time for Anthony Valencia to Leave ASU

Even if it cost him a year.

His brother has work out partners to push him, Anthony has been vastly under developed

He’s not leaving. His longtime gf is at GCU.

Also, the guys below Anthony are much better work out parents than anyone above zahid.

Even if it cost him a year.

His brother has work out partners to push him, Anthony has been vastly under developed

He's simply not as good or rather, didn't have the hormones to grow into it. 

Aside from Zahid it just seems like nobody improves there. Every other guy there is the same as last year or worse. Milhoff was a really good freshman who is lost now. Hall has been getting passed for 2 years. Nasser still hasn't learned folkstyle wrestling.

Hall placed 3rd last year

Milhof is better than he was. He got injured vs NATO.

Naser had a bunch of ranked wins this year. Way more than last year. He did have a poor NCAAs.

Tsirtis looks way better than last year

If Shields AAs, do you agree he has improved? He had very few losses this year and many top 10 wins

Zahid has 1 loss in college. He made a huge jump from his red shirt year. He also went from dnp to silver at junior worlds

Norfleet was ranked 7th in high school in his weight. He qualified for NCAAs as a true freshman by winning his conference. Most 7th in high school never compete at D1 NCAAs ever, let alone their true freshman year.

Benick screwed them at 197

ASU isn't in the Big ten and the conference might not make it easy to improve as quickly. Also the country has some really really good programs right now. Its not gonna happen as quick as maybe we all thought. But they have the right guy 100% IMO

Hall placed 3rd last year

Milhof is better than he was. He got injured vs NATO.

Naser had a bunch of ranked wins this year. Way more than last year. He did have a poor NCAAs.

Tsirtis looks way better than last year

If Shields AAs, do you agree he has improved? He had very few losses this year and many top 10 wins

Zahid has 1 loss in college. He made a huge jump from his red shirt year. He also went from dnp to silver at junior worlds

Norfleet was ranked 7th in high school in his weight. He qualified for NCAAs as a true freshman by winning his conference. Most 7th in high school never compete at D1 NCAAs ever, let alone their true freshman year.

Benick screwed them at 197

Milhoff was a freshman AA who 2 years later is a 16 seed.  Tsisrtsis looks better than last year because he's in the right weight, but he still looks worse than in years past.  Nasser has been winning high level freestyle matches for years and still can't win relevant folk matches.  Hall went from 3rd last year to losing to a blown up 197 in the round of 32.  Anthony Valencia hasn't improved at all.  

Shields has absolutely improved.  I was wrong that Zahid is the only one improving.

Could AV be burnt out? HEW? Coming out of high school, I thought he was supposed to have the higher ceiling of the two Valencias; then he seemed to hit a little bit of a wall competing in freestyle during the offseason while Zahid kind of blew up in FS and rolled his own wave of momentum into the college wrestling season.

Maybe Anthony could use a summer off from club wrestling, camps, training, weight management, etc. and take a much needed mental break from the grind.

Anthony placed 5th in the US Open as a high schooler, so yeah that’s about as high as a ceiling can get. ASU seems like a pretty sweet place to be, wrestling aside. Who knows if he would do better or worse on the mat separated from his brother and current environment, but if everything else is going well for him it doesn’t seem worth upending your life to me. Transferring is kind of a b—

Aside from coaching at West Virginia during the Jones brothers, can you name major threat team Zeke has coached?

I think his Team USA coaching gave him bump in recruiting but i dont see them getting blue chippers

If ASU was in the Big 10 they would qualify 1 

Aside from coaching at West Virginia during the Jones brothers, can you name major threat team Zeke has coached?

I think his Team USA coaching gave him bump in recruiting but i dont see them getting blue chippers

No. The Big10 would’ve been allocated more qualifiers and they would’ve qualified 7 or so

Milhoff was a freshman AA who 2 years later is a 16 seed. Tsisrtsis looks better than last year because he's in the right weight, but he still looks worse than in years past. Nasser has been winning high level freestyle matches for years and still can't win relevant folk matches. Hall went from 3rd last year to losing to a blown up 197 in the round of 32. Anthony Valencia hasn't improved at all.

Shields has absolutely improved. I was wrong that Zahid is the only one improving.

Why don’t you ask tsirtis is Zeke has helped improve his game? Will you agree if he AAs? Makes the finals?

Naser has won plenty of quality folk matches. Have you watched ASU at all this season?

Hall placed 3rd last year. That shows huge improvement. Because he took a loss this year to a mid tier seed he now sucks?

You are doing your best to make ASU look bad. You can do that with any team.

Cornell coakcws suck! They lost their own conference this year. Embarrassing! See?

I think he also coached at Penn for a little while, which may not be a "major threat" but is a pretty solid program with a lot of history - and probably good on the resume. But yah, ASU should be owning recruiting out west and having his pick of the talent. He's not that deep into his tenure there so maybe it'll keep building with time, but it would be nice to see west coast wrestlers stay and compete out west.