Sign in to follow this  
MSU158

Futrell status?

He's done for the season according to the instrgram (it linked from his twitter page) he posted below. The exact injury is still a mystery. No matter what he's got a great future ahead of him.

http://instagram.com/p/WaXp1YI8wJ/

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013-01-23/sports/chi-illini-mat-star-futrell-out-with-injury-20130123_1_futrell-injury-irregular-heartbeat

He is lucky if this is caught early .... WOW ...

One of our best was not so lucky a couple years back in the Cornell wrestling room.

What was odd ... When we watched him (Morin) over the years in HS, we would comment on how red his face got when he wrestled. I know ... When we wrestle, we get hot, and all of that, yet it was a very noticeable bright RED .. Was there a correlation?? ... Who knows. And to top it off, he was just a GREAT young man.

http://www.news.cornell.edu/chronicle/0 ... obits.html

http://www.washingtonwrestlingreport.co ... assing.htm

Are you talking about Futrell?

You wouldn't happen to have a job in the media realm? Talk about taking one sentence and disregarding the rest of the piece to isolate an erroneously twisted point of view. He IS NOT saying Futrell is lucky to have a heart disease. He is saying he is lucky it was found BEFORE it killed him.

You wouldn't happen to have a job in the media realm? Talk about taking one sentence and disregarding the rest of the piece to isolate an erroneously twisted point of view.

?

I had no idea Futrell had a heart condition, and wanted clarification as to whether/where that was verified.

The rest of the post had no context regarding my question, and deleting it didn't change that context either.

He IS NOT saying Futrell is lucky to have a heart disease. He is saying he is lucky it was found BEFORE it killed him.

?

You wouldn't happen to have a job in the media realm? Talk about taking one sentence and disregarding the rest of the piece to isolate an erroneously twisted point of view.

?

I had no idea Futrell had a heart condition, and wanted clarification as to whether/where that was verified.

The rest of the post had no context regarding my question, and deleting it didn't change that context either.

He IS NOT saying Futrell is lucky to have a heart disease. He is saying he is lucky it was found BEFORE it killed him.

?

Sorry, I made the assumption that you read everything posted before asking the question. Obviously you didn't read the links and or click on them for the stories. One of the links actually has FUTRELL having a heart condition in its title and another link is to the death of a former Cornell wrestler dying from an enlarged heart. I misconstrued your question since, IF you read everything posted before asking your question, the ONLY way you would ask the question is with the tone I mislabeled it as. So to be CLEAR, I thought you were attacking Wire for saying Futrell was lucky to have a heart disease when I now see you didn't read everything first.

Sorry, I made the assumption that you read everything posted before asking the question. Obviously you didn't read the links and or click on them for the stories. One of the links actually has FUTRELL having a heart condition in its title and another link is to the death of a former Cornell wrestler dying from an enlarged heart. I misconstrued your question since, IF you read everything posted before asking your question, the ONLY way you would ask the question is with the tone I mislabeled it as. So to be CLEAR, I thought you were attacking Wire for saying Futrell was lucky to have a heart disease when I now see you didn't read everything first.

I see "Illini Mat Star Futrell out with Injury," with mention of past issues of an irregular heartbeat.

Wire's post makes it sound like Futrell has hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, and reading each of the above links provides no further clarification.

D@mn man, I'm just asking the same questions you are.

I see "Illini Mat Star Futrell out with Injury," with mention of past issues of an irregular heartbeat.

Wire's post makes it sound like Futrell has hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, and reading each of the above links provides no further clarification.

D@mn man, I'm just asking the same questions you are.

A recent Tribune story about Futrell, a Mount Carmel product, recounted his comebacks from shoulder surgery and issues related to an irregular heartbeat.

Wow ...didn't know this went sideways ... It was mentioned he had an Irregular Heartbeat. And I was relating to an incident where one of our very best from Washington.. He died in the Cornell room. and now their weight room in named after him.

It is an interesting exercise ... "These Message Boards are" (yoda) .... We can type something, and it reads so different to someone else.