GuillermoBilletas

Drexel Coaches

If they have an once of class and integrity they will sit him tonight. If they don't , they are going to be dealing with this crap for the rest of the kid's career.

Awful display

Flo needs to take responsibility for their role in it too

Lol as if Bader taught him a keylock or something.

Out of curiosity, how exactly could flo “take responsibility?”

stop exploiting kids with serious emotional instability in their effort to create "villians" (which is an expressed goal of theirs)

Stop calling college students “kids”. If they’re old enough to go to war, then they’re old enough to sign up for a promo video.

And honestly, what on earth does the video have to do with the behavior? According to your own posts this is an established pattern of behavior dating back to his high school days.

Seems if they want to do a documentary on his quest to defeat Lee they might out of fairness do a follow-up on his now well-documented attempts to purposely injure an opponent.  Dude's got some serious mental issues and, yes, it is the coach's job to jack him up and make sure this crap doesn't happen again.

Was thinking about this earlier. If he was my kid (yes I called him kid, just like I did the college kids I coached), I wouldn't sit him out this tournament. But I would sit suspend him beginning of next year for certain number of competitions, to be determined by his behavior between now and then. It says look, I'm here for you, but that **** can't happen.

Was thinking about this earlier. If he was my kid (yes I called him kid, just like I did the college kids I coached), I wouldn't sit him out this tournament. But I would sit suspend him beginning of next year for certain number of competitions, to be determined by his behavior between now and then. It says look, I'm here for you, but that **** can't happen.

Great plan.  The best way to teach a kid a lesson is to make him miss something that neither you nor he cares about.  

There's no way they sit DeSanto.  His points are too important for the team/their jobs.  

Points too important for the team and their job, you can't be serious?

It's not about what match he or I care about. It's about letting the kid know that you got his back but also letting the kid know that the **** can't happen. It also gives them an opportunity to determine their fate by their own actions, which lends to teaching a kid about being accountable for oneself. Discipline isn't just about punishing. It's more about teaching and developing.

Edited by Lurker

I don’t bash college kids when they make “young guy” mistakes.

What this wrestler did was not a “young guy” mistake.

It was an intentional attempt to cause physical harm to his opponent.

This cannot be tolerated.

We’re about to find out what type of character and priorities the Drexel leaders have.

Choose wisely, gentlemen.

From all I've seen, Matt Azevedo is a pretty classy guy I doubt that DeSanto is being "coached" to do these things; nevertheless, it is up to the coach to let it be known such actions are unacceptable.

He recruited my son a number of years back and all of our inter-actions were great. I echo your statement.

I wonder what Desanto is like in practice if things aren't going his way and how he deals with frustration(s).  Must suck having to deal with him as a wrestling partner.

It's not about what match he or I care about. It's about letting the kid know that you got his back but also letting the kid know that the **** can't happen. It also gives them an opportunity to determine their fate by their own actions, which lends to teaching a kid about being accountable for oneself. Discipline isn't just about punishing. It's more about teaching and developing.

It is disappointing that you call college students 'kids', lets them know the acceptable standards of conduct, academic performance, etc is not at an adult level.  Unfortunately, higher education these days is too often about extending adolescence to the greatest extend possible.  I'm still in the Army Reserves, when we go to the range in May and give 18-19-20 year old soldiers M-16's and live ammo, I do not want 'kids' on the firing line.

If you're saying you would 'sit the kid', doesn't it have to happen at the time of occurrence or very shortly thereafter?  If you delay the punishment to a lesser event just to lessen the impact, it does tell the young man that his actions have minimal to no consequences.

I don’t bash college kids when they make “young guy” mistakes.

What this wrestler did was not a “young guy” mistake.

It was an intentional attempt to cause physical harm to his opponent.

This cannot be tolerated.

We’re about to find out what type of character and priorities the Drexel leaders have.

Choose wisely, gentlemen.

This is 2 competitions separated by about 10 days. This isn’t a “young guy mistake” anymore this is a pattern. Nobody likes losing but most handle it with dignity, he doesn’t just pout like some sore losers he tries to hurt guys via dirty moves. Their is no place for guys that act like this

It is disappointing that you call college students 'kids', lets them know the acceptable standards of conduct, academic performance, etc is not at an adult level. Unfortunately, higher education these days is too often about extending adolescence to the greatest extend possible. I'm still in the Army Reserves, when we go to the range in May and give 18-19-20 year old soldiers M-16's and live ammo, I do not want 'kids' on the firing line.

If you're saying you would 'sit the kid', doesn't it have to happen at the time of occurrence or very shortly thereafter? If you delay the punishment to a lesser event just to lessen the impact, it does tell the young man that his actions have minimal to no consequences.

I would disagree with what you say using the word kid "let's them know. And so would a whoooooole lot of other coaches. Although I will admit I use the term "young men" probably just as much when speaking to or about them.

I would also disagree with your assertion of what my opinion of the discipline tells him or what you say is the motivation ("to lessen the impact". If you read my post, that's clearly not the motivation).

I'll stick to what I said in the previous post.

Edited by Lurker

I agree that would be a pretty good way to handle it. You can't expect a coach to turn on his own wrestler and pull him out of the tournament when the referee decided it was permissible (even though I think they should have DQed him). Desantos behavior is definitely not a reflection of the coaching staff because he has been doing that stuff for years. If they don't do anything to discipline him then they can share some of the blame

Coach should take the high road and pull DiSanto from the tournament. Send a strong message that punk behavior is not acceptable.

That's insanely excessive. Yell at the kid in the locker room and put him on disciplinary detail when the tourney is over. Run his skinny ass off for a couple weeks.