Sign in to follow this  
lurshy92

Okie State

I don't believe so.  My memory isn't perfect but it seems like OK State just has not been rising to the occasion for several years now.  They are doing something wrong from a peaking perspective.  Too many years in a row .... needs some changes.

Damn, Flo shows them in 17th place.  Only 15 points ahead of Oklahoma.  (OK has 1 pt).

7 alive in consis --- suppose they can still pull this one out of the dumpster.

Edited by nom

I don't believe so.  My memory isn't perfect but it seems like OK State just has not been rising to the occasion for several years now.  They are doing something wrong from a peaking perspective.  Too many years in a row .... needs some changes.

Last year they were just very good in the regular season and never lost bad matches.  That landed them unsustainable seeds.  The only one who was bad last year was Collica.  Prior to that they did a great job peaking.

This year they have just been terrible.  I think Smith has done a bad job all year.  I think he's the inflexible type and he has not handled well the RSs and the reload year.  The whole team has looked from the start like they know their coach is less than interested.  It gives me a huge appreciation for the coaching job Cael did in the year they RS'd a bunch of guys.  

The story of OSU's season will be told on the consolation mats tonight.  

Picc vs Lizak

Brock vs Mueller

Heil vs Red

Lewallen vs Oliver

Rogers vs Walsh

Smith vs Lujan

White vs Hughes

Those are essentially 7 tossup matches for AA status.  That either makes their season or confirms a collapse.  

Picc vs Lizak

Brock vs Mueller

Heil vs Red

Lewallen vs Oliver

Rogers vs Walsh

Smith vs Lujan

White vs Hughes

Those are essentially 7 tossup matches for AA status. That either makes their season or confirms a collapse.

Exactly. They could have 7 AAs

Serious issues in Stillwater. They could be a contender next year but need to make some adjustments. The first should be a zero alcohol policy which is becoming a prerequisite to a national championship program these days.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Serious issues in Stillwater. They could be a contender next year but need to make some adjustments. The first should be a zero alcohol policy which is becoming a prerequisite to a national championship program these days.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I know Kaid Brock made a lot of questionable tactical decisions in that match but I highly doubt he was drunk on the mat.

7 in blood rd...few years back Va Tech was having a bad tourney and then went 5-1 in blood round. might be same year they won a team trophy. 

OK St prob a has more possible team points they can score than anyone else, right? 

interesting to see how this plays out

OSU went 4-3 in the blood round so things are definitely not OK but the sky isn't quite falling.  

John Smith has a son with 2 years of eligibility and a very tough team next year.  My guess is next year determines a lot and if next year goes poorly he may just ride off into the sunset with Joe the following year.  John doesn't strike me as a guy who will try to hang on while not competing for titles.  

Picc vs Lizak

Brock vs Mueller

Heil vs Red

Lewallen vs Oliver

Rogers vs Walsh

Smith vs Lujan

White vs Hughes

Those are essentially 7 tossup matches for AA status.  That either makes their season or confirms a collapse.

Picc - lost by tech

Brock - won two matches

Heil - lost by fall

Boo - won 1, lost 1

Chandler - Won 1, lost 1

Smith - Won 1, lost 1

White - Lost