BigTimeFan

Spencer Lee vs Suriano prediction thread

Dynamite comeback... you clearly are just trying to get your post numbers up bc you don’t make any sense

My point is there is more to my life than what state produces quality wrestlers, “Ogie”.

re: the Jersey argument---  I wrestled and coached against a number of Jersey kids, and a lot of them had that element of trying to out-tough their opponents.  I'd come off the mat with scratches on my face and a generally lousy attitude.  But they never beat me or my kids.

OTOH, I've known plenty of Jersey kids who were finesse wrestlers.  I had a good buddy who was an NJ state champ who was the most artful staller I ever knew.  He could untie his shoe laces from any position.  

re: Suriano vs Lee ---  NS hasn't given up a point yet in the tourney.  But Lee looks like he's finally back from those injuries that slowed him the last couple of years.  As great as Suriano is, I just can't see him stopping Spencer Lee. 

9-3 Lee

re: the Jersey argument---  I wrestled and coached against a number of Jersey kids, and a lot of them had that element of trying to out-tough their opponents.  I'd come off the mat with scratches on my face and a generally lousy attitude.  But they never beat me or my kids.

HaHa...You must be a high level coach/wrestler or you and your team don't get out much...You or your wrestlers NEVER lost to a NJ Wrestler?? You should probably be named the new Wisconsin Head Coach!

Edited by NJwrestlingguy

I am the biggest Lee fan there is but I see this is as Dake/Taylor. Lee crushes people but Suriano's D will be the difference. 5-3 Suriano. I hope I'm very wrong. Will be fascinating to see if Suriano goes bottom.

I am the biggest Lee fan there is but I see this is as Dake/Taylor. Lee crushes people but Suriano's D will be the difference. 5-3 Suriano. I hope I'm very wrong. Will be fascinating to see if Suriano goes bottom.

I think this is the most important point thus far and I hadn’t thought of it. I think Lee will win but the logic I am using involves how each guy wresltes other opponwnts and the same logic would have led me to call it for Taylor not Dake. We may learn tonight that despite Lee’s tremendous ability to dominate he can be outwreslted.

Lee frustrates Suriano and stops too many of his shots. Suriano gets frustrated and sees "his" title slipping away and gets desperate. Does a stupid move and Lee catches him and piles on points - or a pin.

Suriano goes on the next two years relentlessly pursuing a Title only to be denied by Lee each time.

Dake/Taylor anyone?

Suriano 1-0.  0-0 after the first with both in on decent shots with a chance to score but neither convert.  2nd period Suriano gets choice and defers and Lee chooses down.  Suriano rides Lee out.  Suriano escapes in the 3rd with 30 seconds to go and defends a furious Lee chasing him down for the final few seconds but can't score.

Should get really interesting next year if Fix goes 125 too.

Suriano is sort of like Desanto in that they are high risk, high reward kind of guys. PSU used to go with those guys in the past under Sunderland and in fact did with Suriano 2 years ago.

In hindsight, Cael would've been better off recruiting a mid level guy in Mega's redshirt year so it cleared the path for Lee because I do think that Lee would be at PSU if Suriano was never a factor in the first place.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

How exactly was Suriano “high risk” out of HS? He was a 4X state champ on one of the best teams in the country.

How exactly was Suriano “high risk” out of HS? He was a 4X state champ on one of the best teams in the country.

These Pa morons implying character issues for a kid who has never been in trouble, nor even had an unsportsmanlike call against him.

All because he left PSU for home. Who really has the character issues?

Like Desanto? Desanto cant sniff Nick’s jock, and might be the dirtiest wrestler (and clearly disturbed as well) that you will ever see.

Wow

Suriano is sort of like Desanto in that they are high risk, high reward kind of guys. PSU used to go with those guys in the past under Sunderland and in fact did with Suriano 2 years ago.

In hindsight, Cael would've been better off recruiting a mid level guy in Mega's redshirt year so it cleared the path for Lee because I do think that Lee would be at PSU if Suriano was never a factor in the first place.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Suriano is not a "high risk" wrestler at all, paboom. If anything he is the opposite of that. 

So I’m on the record - crushing victory for Lee. OW. Next three years undefeated and hodge. Fix better go 133.

I said a few years ago that Spencer wouldn't lose in college. Obviously that ship has sailed but I still really strongly believe he'll be a 4xer. I think he wins a very clear cut decision by something like 5-6 points.