Sign in to follow this  
BigTenFanboy

Spencer Lee vs Thomas Gilman right now

Probably Gilman right now, but I suspect not for long. I think pulling Lee out of redshirt was a stroke of brilliance, not just for the team, but to give Spencer a full year of experience. This experience and confidence he has gained has to give him an edge over Fix and the other 125'ers next year. I think he will be incredible hard to beat.

Lee should have stayed in redshirt. He really needed that year to develop...

I can spot sarcasm when I see it. Funny too, they asked Spencer about this very thing after his win last nite and he said he thought all along it was the right thing and that virtually everyone agreed on that issue. He's never met MSU158, though. 

Nato has man strength too.

True, but the thing is that Gilman's single is a little more effective just because of his length and reach compared to Tomasello in freestyle.  They both wrestled in the WTT Challenge tourney finals and Gilman won a close one.

True, but the thing is that Gilman's single is a little more effective just because of his length and reach compared to Tomasello in freestyle. They both wrestled in the WTT Challenge tourney finals and Gilman won a close one.

Spencer Lee dominated Nato where as Gilman squeaked by him. If Spencer goes seniors this year Spencer beats him. Who's corner does Tom Brands sit in?

What’s amazing to me is that it wasn’t too long ago that the big question was whether Lee would be perennially undersized for 125. Tonight Gibbon’s couldn’t stop commenting on Lee’s awesome strength. He’s unstoppable. The only question mark is Fix. What about Fix?

Thomas Gilman the defending Men's World Silver medalist?  Yeah, i'll take him until proven otherwise, though it is quite obvious that Lee has the capacity.

Gilman's silver is a lot like Stieber's gold.  He earned it, no doubt, but it was an emptied out weight.  If Lee/Fix haven't already passed him they surely will by 2020.