Sign in to follow this  
Ultraflex

Spencer Lee - a Hawkeye you can root for.

After Pletcher beat Brock in a consi-semi match with absolutely zero bad blood he walked by the OkState corner and waved and told them 'bye-bye'. These are intense men in intense situations and they don't always act like choir boys. That doesn't make them bad guys, but it's hilarious how the same stuff is received by fans depending on whether the guy who did it was wearing an Iowa singlet.

Serious question - is there really no bad blood or none that you know of? I don’t know either way - just curious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Serious question - is there really no bad blood or none that you know of? I don’t know either way - just curious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That's the first time they've ever wrestled and pletcher had never wrestled any oklahoma state guy in his career before that.  I saw nothing in the match that would indicate any bad blood before that happened after the handshake.

When was I required to answer questions from you? You do it just to troll people. **** off dude

You don't have to answer anything. I just point out when you dont.

And if PD3 enrolled in classes at Iowa, he is in fact a Hawkeye.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

Tonight could be Lee's last college loss. He is young and Suriano is great. If he wins it I think he runs the table easily and will go down in that elite group with Cael, Hodge, Ueteke-if he wins tonight. I know it is a bit early to predict that but man he is special all the way around. He is much better than at the beginning of this year. True Fresh and more dominant than Zain or Nolf or at least right there with them.   

Edited by PRyan2012

Tonight could be Lee's last college loss. He is young and Suriano is great. If he wins it I think he runs the table easily and will go down in that elite group with Cael, Hodge, Ueteke-if he wins tonight. I know it is a bit early to predict that but man he is special all the way around. He is much better than at the beginning of this year. True Fresh and more dominant than Zain or Nolf or at least right there with them.

Same with 2 weeks ago when he lost to Nato. That may very well be his last college loss if he can stay healthy.

Huge Spencer Lee fan. Pre season I said he could be a 4 timer.

The biggest concern I have is his injuries though. He can’t really control that. I’m very glad they pulled his shirt because I think he will need his redshirt at some point for when he gets injured. Hopefully if it happens it is in the off season so he can redshirt in time

Suriano is damn good though. I think he would’ve won last year and very well could tonight.

Nick might also be 133 next year. The only other guy I could see being a problem is a 125 Fix.

Same with 2 weeks ago when he lost to Nato. That may very well be his last college loss if he can stay healthy.

Right the health thing is always the thorn with some special guys. That is why Cael was so special-he was great and never was hurt or sick-then with those genetics he retires early-dummy. JK:-)

I'm nervous about tonight. Suriano has such a great defense and will do all he can to keep it close. Lee is going to throw everything he has at him. If Nick wins he will have really earned it. Can't wait!

Nick might also be 133 next year. The only other guy I could see being a problem is a 125 Fix.

Think he will bump up? Don't think he will but if so I think his learning curve is steeper. But the health thing is always the wildcard when tapping someone as the next 4 timer. Should be a great match tonight. Dont want to downplay Suriano-he may start his 1st of three titles!

Huge Spencer Lee fan. Pre season I said he could be a 4 timer.

The biggest concern I have is his injuries though. He can’t really control that. I’m very glad they pulled his shirt because I think he will need his redshirt at some point for when he gets injured. Hopefully if it happens it is in the off season so he can redshirt in time

Suriano is damn good though. I think he would’ve won last year and very well could tonight.

Also how many of the young guys who are AA'ing this year will be surpassed in a season or two when some new hotshot freshmen take the mat? It's mind boggling how much young talent there has been this tournament and how crazy skilled they all are.

Think he will bump up? Don't think he will but if so I think his learning curve is steeper. But the health thing is always the wildcard when tapping someone as the next 4 timer. Should be a great match tonight. Dont want to downplay Suriano-he may start his 1st of three titles!

I thought Nick was projected to be a 125 for like, a season then finishing as a 133er when he was being recruited, but I could be wrong.

I'm nervous about tonight. Suriano has such a great defense and will do all he can to keep it close. Lee is going to throw everything he has at him. If Nick wins he will have really earned it. Can't wait!

Yea this is the match that will determine if he is a great or an all time great!

No idea if he would bump up, just that he is a big 125.