Sign in to follow this  
Ultraflex

Spencer Lee - a Hawkeye you can root for.

I thought Nick was projected to be a 125 for like, a season then finishing as a 133er when he was being recruited, but I could be wrong.

NO you are probably right. I just feel like I am watching the making of an all time great here. Am already thinking world and Olympic teams and him being our 125 rep. Since there is no 133 I think he will stay down. 

Edited by PRyan2012

NO yo are probably right. I just feel like I am watching the making of an all time great here. Am already thinking world and Olympic teams and him being our 125 rep. Since there is no 133 I think he will stay down.

I thought Nick had his sights on MMA career.

IF he wins, he should get MOW over Zain (even if Zain wins by fall in the final), IMart and Snyder/Coon tonight, right? Lee has bulldozed his way through the bracket thus far, TF - TF - pin - pin, coming from a #3 seed placement. Doesn't get more outstanding than that.

I said this last night. Lee’s weight class has two returning national champs, a returning runner up and loads of all Americans and he’s made ramshackles of his competition thus far. If he wins he should get it. Period.

Kemmerer is one of the classiest guys out there. He’s been like that since I first met him as a freshman in HS. A true role model on the mat and in the classroom (picked Iowa over Harvard, among other options).

Wow! I hope he didn’t pick Iowa over Harvard...

Suriano has yet to give up a point in tournament..Lee has steamrolled his opponents.. It's all about the 1st period..Lee wins 1st period he wins. Nicky wins 1st period and he'll be 1st NCAA Champ in Rutgers History

I tend to agree. First TD is huge in this one.

PA is Brands/Iowa's path out of the wilderness.

Only at his weight.

Brands is lucky even as he is a talented coach. Lee is a big answer to his prayers but after that things get back to Iowa's new normal: shoot for Third Place.

PA is Brands/Iowa's path out of the wilderness.

Was thinking the same thing. Perhaps recruiting more guys from PA will change the ‘push em across the mat’ culture of the Hawkeyes. Kemerer and Lee are a good start.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk