Sign in to follow this  
NJDan

Redemption for Iowa?

Looks like they will take 3rd.

Or is third just like last for the Hawkeyes?

Absolutely redemption from where they were headed in December. taking the shirt off Spencer Lee AND whatever Brands said to them coming into NCAA's worked. Gotta give the man his due. 

I believe Iowa just locked up 3rd place. Don't believe Michigan can catch them now. Good tourney for Iowa considering what they brought. Some disapointing matches yes but even Ohio State and PSU experienced that this year. Proud of my Hawkeyes. Future is looking bright!

Even at the beginning of the year many of us were of the opinion that Iowa's season was a race for Third Place - at best.

That said, they have done better than I thought they would. Never figured they could win it all and third was the ceiling but did not think they would place that high.

A strong Iowa is good for college wrestling.

If Iowa didn't free the Lee, they still get 5th. What were they ranked preseason? It certainly wasn't that. Pretty good effort from a team that should be better next year.

No guarantee that happens. Their entire energy would be different.