Sign in to follow this  
LoStNuMbEr

Best 2nd Place team of all time?

Any historians out here know the numbers on past tight races?  I can't recall a team having 130 points and taking 2nd.  Assuming PSU manages to go at least 1 for 5 both teams will eclipse the 130 points mark tonight.

I don't think we'll see a new record for highest team score ever, but it seems exceedingly likely that we will break the record for "highest 2nd place points total."  Does anyone know what the current record is?

Edited by LoStNuMbEr

Even Dave Schultz is tweeting about this year's team race. 

Mark you mean

Based on what I am seeing, only 10-20 teams in first might have scored more than this years second.  Put this second place team in any other tournament and it might break records. Thats crazy. 

Any historians out here know the numbers on past tight races?  I can't recall a team having 130 points and taking 2nd.  Assuming PSU manages to go at least 1 for 5 both teams will eclipse the 130 points mark tonight.

I don't think we'll see a new record for highest team score ever, but it seems exceedingly likely that we will break the record for "highest 2nd place points total."  Does anyone know what the current record is?

I would certainly have to think this will be the best second place team ever. I don't think points scored is a completely way to validate it though. Too many other variables like matchups and talent distribution, studs on other teams some years and NOT other years. But for talent loaded I think it's unquestionably the best second place team ever. 

Edited by Old142

Mark you mean

Based on what I am seeing, only 10-20 teams in first might have scored more than this years second. Put this second place team in any other tournament and it might break records. Thats crazy.

No, I really believe Tbar thinks he is reading Dave's tweets.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

No, I really believe Tbar thinks he is reading Dave's tweets.

paboom, what do you think your shady hater comment accomplishes? Ripping an honest mistake makes you feel warm and fuzzy? It is immature.

paboom, what do you think your shady hater comment accomplishes? Ripping an honest mistake makes you feel warm and fuzzy? It is immature.

Better watch out or pretty soon I'll be living rent free in your head.

The problem with people who feel they must always be heard, they end up talking so much they make mistakes and give opinions on things they have no business giving opinions on and it diminishes their entire presence. You have done this a long time ago.

Edited by paboom

Better watch out or pretty soon I'll be living rent free in your head.

The problem with people who feel they must always be heard, they end up talking so much they make mistakes and give opinions on things they have no business giving opinions on and it diminishes their entire presence. You have done this a long time ago.

That tweet was real, though, paboom. I just wrote the wrong brother's name in the post. Hardly the crime you make it out to be, so, paboom, what does that say about YOU? It says you went out looking to pick a fight, paboom, that is what is says. 

I will be happy top be the guy that makes the mistake here, and you can be happy and content, paboom, being that guy with the chip on your shoulder looking for a fight where none exists. You, paboom, are "that" guy. 

Edited by TBar1977