Sign in to follow this  
nom

Gotta end with Bo / Martin right?

What? Already decided. That’s stupid.

Who says Snyder Coon is the marque match? I don’t think so.

125 and 174 are more interesting / marque. Maybe even 141 and 157.

What? Already decided. That’s stupid.

Who says Snyder Coon is the marque match? I don’t think so.

125 and 174 are more interesting / marque. Maybe even 141 and 157.

An olympic champ and 2X world champ goes for a 3rd title in his final college match in a rubber match against a hulking challenger is less interesting/marque than 2 first time AAs at 125?  I guess everyone has their own personal taste for what is interesting.

My understanding is they had a fan vote and the people have spoken.  

An olympic champ and 2X world champ goes for a 3rd title in his final college match in a rubber match against a hulking challenger is less interesting/marque than 2 first time AAs at 125?  I guess everyone has their own personal taste for what is interesting.

My understanding is they had a fan vote and the people have spoken.  

Plus, that puts the 184 final almost last...that means HWY could still decide it.  It might mean Kyle has to make a decision on "only" getting a decision, or having to go for it. Insane stuff

Is it just my imagination or were finals in a scrambled order a few years ago? 

Snyder-Coon is a marquee match given Snyder's accomplishments and the huge difference in size. Plus they've both got good backstories (the Olympian vs. the Astronaut). Plus it kind of lays a little bit of a breadcrumb trail for next season with Snyder's brother taking the reins at Hwt, presumably.

But Snyder already has a 2-1 head to head lead, I guess, and it looked like he was back to his usual form at B1Gs while not jetlagged and travel-fatigued or flu-ridden or whatever.  Lee-Suriano are an unknown quantity and you've got a prodigy true freshman, so that's interesting; and Suriano is doing the whole redemption run thing and that's a good story too. Plus the winner qualifies for a shot at 57kg in FS and potentially a matchup with Gilman so that's cool.

If they could do a scrambled order, they could end with 285 then 125.

Edited by pamela

Is it just my imagination or were finals in a scrambled order a few years ago? 

Snyder-Coon is a marquee match given Snyder's accomplishments and the huge difference in size. Plus they've both got good backstories (the Olympian vs. the Astronaut). Plus it kind of lays a little bit of a breadcrumb trail for next season with Snyder's brother taking the reins at Hwt, presumably.

But Snyder already has a 2-1 head to head lead, I guess, and it looked like he was back to his usual form at B1Gs while not jetlagged and travel-fatigued or flu-ridden or whatever.  Lee-Suriano are an unknown quantity and you've got a prodigy true freshman, so that's interesting; and Suriano is doing the whole redemption run thing and that's a good story too. Plus the winner qualifies for a shot at 57kg in FS and potentially a matchup with Gilman so that's cool.

Last year was in order, just started at 197.

Let's end with two guys who've never made All-American for in fact never wrestled in the NCAA tournament before or we could end with a two-time champion Olympic gold medalist, versus a Cadet world champion, Junior World medalist and two-time All-American. Make sense. Forgive the typos and spelling voice texting while I'm driving

If they could do a scrambled order, they could end with 285 then 125.

If they just started at 133 they wouldn't have to scramble it to end with 285 then 125. That said, ending with Snyder - Coon is the right choice.