Sign in to follow this  
skikayaker

NCAA FINALS

Kyle Snyder’s career is just unbelievable. Think of it. Many of us talked about how Lee is a little small for 125 and Hall seems undersized for 174 and so on. Fair comments. But Snyder won three NCAA championships giving up anywhere from 25 to 50 pounds every match and knocked off a returning 2x champ to get it all started. What a career.

Kyle Snyder’s career is just unbelievable. Think of it. Many of us talked about how Lee is a little small for 125 and Hall seems undersized for 174 and so on. Fair comments. But Snyder won three NCAA championships giving up anywhere from 25 to 50 pounds every match and knocked off a returning 2x champ to get it all started. What a career.

Being undersized at Heavy is a handicap but not in the same way being undersized at any other weight is.  Many guys have made being small at heavy work.  Nobody has ever made that a thing in other weights.  

Honestly heavyweight wrestling is a different sport that can't be judged in the same way the other weights can.  

IMar can't come from behind against Joseph.  Against Joseph he can't use any of his aggressive offense, only his technical stuff.  So when he is behind and Joseph won't come forward, IMar has no way to create action or angles.  I bet if Joseph scored the 1st TD 100 times, he'd win all 100.  

Not too many wrestlers can beat a good wrestler coming from behind. Almost everyone looks slow when they are chasing. Cenzo looked slow trying to get a late TD against Marinelli who is no speed demon. 

So The Nittany Lions look poised to have a very tough line up again next year. I think it's going to be a very difficult task in knocking them off. I also think with these other strong programs starting to become more of an influence in the title race, (giving kids more options). It's going to make things even more difficult for a team to amass all the talent they will need to deal with PSU's formidable line up.

I also think that Cael is not only a great wrestler and coach, he's also a guy who's able to recruit the best.