Sign in to follow this  
skikayaker

NCAA FINALS

Suriano just doesn't have the room he had at PSU. Still a beast but won't have the day to day workout partners he had at Penn State and it will likely hurt him when he runs up against top flight guys like Lee. 

He handled the defending champ and was undefeated to the finals.  What happened tonight was not about Suriano.  He could have spent the last 12 months in Dagestan and still lost.

He handled the defending champ and was undefeated to the finals.  What happened tonight was not about Suriano.  He could have spent the last 12 months in Dagestan and still lost.

This.  And when Fix wrestles next year it's only going to get worse.  Suriano is a great wrestler, but not on Lee's level.  

Suriano just doesn't have the room he had at PSU. Still a beast but won't have the day to day workout partners he had at Penn State and it will likely hurt him when he runs up against top flight guys like Lee.

Penn State doesn't exactly have the next work out partners for a 125 lber, either.

He has everything he needs at Rutgers

I have no doubt that he does but I also doubt he will have the same level of practice/work out partners in that room as he did before. Not knocking his choice by any means but merely stating he would have undoubtedly been pushed much harder in Happy Valley. 

Hmmm - How did the 133 from PSU do this tournament?  Iowa?  Rutgers? 

Don't quit your day job at the filling station. 

I have no doubt that he does but I also doubt he will have the same level of practice/work out partners in that room as he did before. Not knocking his choice by any means but merely stating he would have undoubtedly been pushed much harder in Happy Valley.

I agree with you. I wad simply quoting him.

Hmmm - How did the 133 from PSU do this tournament?  Iowa?  Rutgers? 

Don't quit your day job at the filling station. 

What if I own the filling station, would that still be your professional and crucial advice? 

This.  And when Fix wrestles next year it's only going to get worse.  Suriano is a great wrestler, but not on Lee's level.  

I'm not putting Fix on Lee's level at this point.  Lee is much better than he was in January let alone last year or the year before.  And Fix is a freestyle guy who wrestles Folk matches a few months a year.  Even if he is Kyle Snyder level in a few years, being a freestyler in folk matches is much tougher at 125.  If Fix isn't great on bottom in 12 months it won't matter if he's on Lee's level in neutral.