Sign in to follow this  
NJwrestlingguy

Coach of The Year?

Its a good question.  There is no set criteria.  Both tOHst and PSU have great teams and its a great team race, so whoever wins, if winning counts, certainly would be deserving.  But if we don't want to give it to the same guy every year, Michigan has had a really good season and is having a good tournament, so Joe McFarland should get some consideration if getting close counts.  And if we want to look at long shots, SD State Chris Bono, has had a nice run and the dark horse, Lock Haven and Scott Moore, who is only 1 team point behind Lehigh.  My 2 cents.  

Edited by shorty1

Not penciled in. It was already awarded.

https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Wrestling/Features/2018/March/13/Pat-Santoro-of-Lehigh-named-NWCA-Div-I-Coach-of-the-Year

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow..Thats a bad job naming him before NCAA Tournament. ..EIWA is not very good...Coach of Year bringing 10 to NCAA Championships and finishing around 15th shouldnt be mentioned as National Coach Of  the Year!

I stated earlier that this should not be awarded before NCAAs. Santoro is still a great coach and you can't judge him by one bad tournament. But if you factor in NCAA tournament perform (which should obviously be the biggest factor), I think you have to go with Scott Moore or Popolizio. 

The answer is Popolizio without question.

While he had done an amazing job, and he would certainly be a great choice, I don't think you can say without question. They had some guys overperform, but had some underperform too. Renda went from 3rd to DNP and Jack finished a little below expectations too. Still overall great performance and obviously he's an incredible coach. 

While he had done an amazing job, and he would certainly be a great choice, I don't think you can say without question. They had some guys overperform, but had some underperform too. Renda went from 3rd to DNP and Jack finished a little below expectations too. Still overall great performance and obviously he's an incredible coach.

Nah, I’m sticking with without question.

Nah, I’m sticking with without question.

Fair enough. I just think Lock Haven having two wrestlers in the top 4 for the first time since 1966 should put Scott Moore in the discussion. I know 2 guys don't make a team, but they did have 6 qualifiers and several others picked up some nice wins. 

Fair enough. I just think Lock Haven having two wrestlers in the top 4 for the first time since 1966 should put Scott Moore in the discussion. I know 2 guys don't make a team, but they did have 6 qualifiers and several others picked up some nice wins.

Wow since 1966? Hard to believe. Moore has proven to me over the years that he’s a heck of a coach but even Lock Haven has more of a tradition than NC State or am I wrong on that? What Pop has done is remarkable.

Don’t forget about Fausz, whom anyone with knowledge of NC State’s schedule knew that Friday morning was gonna be a rough one for him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Santoro's Coach of the year was created this year from Manheim, Pennsylvania ..10 Wrestlers qualified and Lehigh sitting around 15th..What a Joke!

They should have an award for worst performance during NCAA Tournament.  Santoro would roll that

Edited by NJwrestlingguy