Sign in to follow this  
Perry

Dean Heil

What was it that changed this year from last? Did the rest of the country just surpass him? Did the "Dean Heil" rule really just kill most of what he had? Hard to imagine a guy who lost one match in 2 years wouldn't aa as a senior. I was a hater for the way he wrestled, but I would have still liked to see him go out a 4x aa. 

It just feels like Merideth broke him when he first beat him. Still, a great career. No reason for him to hang his head. Damn hard to keep at such a high level over four consecutive seasons. It's why IMar's accomplishment is so big this year as he went through so much over that period. Hard to do, very hard to do. Life happens to us all and it's hard to stay focused for so long with a target on the back by so many equally solid competitors. 

I used to think it was a miracle he could defeat guys that had so much more athleticism.  Same with our 49 last season, Collica.  Dean has been a great Cowboy.  None of us wanted to see him have a heartbreak tournament in front of his home state or anywhere else for that matter.  I wish him great success and happiness in the future, but I imagine he's lower than low right about now.  Wish I could buy that guy a nice St Pattys day beer and a pizza.  

I never particularly liked his style of wrestling, but damn was he successful for a long time. Also, just going through his Instagram recently, he actually seems like quite a nice guy. He obviously looks up to John Smith a lot- I'm sure this weekend is killing him, so hopefully he can bounce back and be successful in another aspect of his life.