wrestlingnerd

Suriano to 133 next year

Lee was like glue on Suriano when 99/100 guys would have fallen off. His top game is amazing. Maybe Fred Belitnikoff supplies him with stickem.

Or Ronnie Lott.

Belitnikoff is a funny citation. Being a WR on the smallish side, there used to be a story that Raider teammates would throw Fred against the wall to see if he would stick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I hope the loss motivates Nick to go all fearless warrior and stick it out at 125 next season to try and avenge the loss, bc 133 won't be an easier weight class for him. I'm sure he believes he could've won it if he wasn't injured or whatever bc he wrestled Gilman pretty close last year as a freshman.

Unfortunately, Lee will get bigger, healthier, stronger, better in the offseason and may blow their next match wide open. Dunno if Suriano will be able to catch up to him.

I hope the loss motivates Nick to go all fearless warrior and stick it out at 125 next season to try and avenge the loss, bc 133 won't be an easier weight class for him. I'm sure he believes he could've won it if he wasn't injured or whatever bc he wrestled Gilman pretty close last year as a freshman.

Unfortunately, Lee will get bigger, healthier, stronger, better in the offseason and may blow their next match wide open. Dunno if Suriano will be able to catch up to him.

You don't think he would have a better chance of beating Gross than Lee?

Wilson gave Gross all sorts of fits..

He would have to beat Wilson as well as Gross. Not to mention Micic.

Every weight class will have tough wrestlers. If his goal is to be an NCAA champion, which weight do you see him having a better chance? I don't think he ever beats Spencer Lee after what we saw.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

You don't think he would have a better chance of beating Gross than Lee?

Wilson gave Gross all sorts of fits..

I really don't know if Suriano could overcome Gross or Wilson's size. Plus he'd have a much harder time hirsing around and defending guys like Micic, Pletcher, Brock, a non sucked-out Lizak (probably), soph J-Rent, Mueller, etc. - but maybe I'm not giving Nick enough credit.

Or Ronnie Lott.

Belitnikoff is a funny citation. Being a WR on the smallish side, there used to be a story that Raider teammates would throw Fred against the wall to see if he would stick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was a WR, so I really admired Belitnikoff and, yes, I did the whole stickum thing myself. That stuff really works. Like velcro.