Sign in to follow this  
LoStNuMbEr

Is Vincenzo Joseph the new Dean Heil?

Always looks super vulnerable, never seems to have that killer instinct but scores when he needs to.  Doesn't get picked to win NCAAs and wins the title everytime.  I'm pretty confident at this point that I'll pick against him the next two years and he'll end up being a 4 time champ

Edited by LoStNuMbEr

Always looks super vulnerable, never seems to have that killer instinct but scores when he needs to.  Doesn't get picked to win NCAAs and wins the title everytime.  I'm pretty confident at this point that I'll pick against him the next two years and he'll end up being a 4 time champ

No, because he doesn't try to win from looking at the lights, although I understand the point you are making. You may pick him next year, though. He might not lose all year, but who knows, really. He tries crap during the year and sometimes it doesn't work. Don't ever think he isn't learning from all that stuff. Look at how I Mar can't do his patented slide by from that left under hook. Joseph is the only guy that has figure out, or is strong enough to, stop that. That is high level wrestling.

Btw, I Mar ABSOLUTELY loses his mind when he gets behind. WTF was he doing the last 45 seconds of that match. Dancing? 

Edited by TBar1977

Before the Marinelli match I though VJ was the most improved guy on the team then he ended up on his back again against an unranked guy from Buffalo.  He had a little sloppy spell there but he put it together when it mattered.  IMar has three losses, two are pins and one was in a match where he was out wrestled for seven minutes.  You can't discount what he did tonight, it's probably more impressive than last year's victory.

When he won last year he said he had to get three more and now his biggest competition is gone.  It's crazy to think but VJ is the only one of the PSU studs that has a chance to be a four-timer.

Edited by buckshot1969

Absolutely not a Dean Heil.  He goes for big moves.  Put IMar to his back (which almost nobody can do).  Not afraid to go for it even when winning (e.g., against Marinelli).   He's learning to hold back when necessary, but comes through in the big moments.  Nothing against Heil, but except against a few elite guys on a few rare occasions does Joseph win 2-1 matches.   Bad comparison.  

It's crazy to think but VJ is the only one of the PSU studs that has a chance to be a four-timer.

He has the perfect style to beat Imart. It's almost like he's better off facing Imart in the finals than Marinelli again or Massa. Imart's entire offense against top guys is based around the one setup you never want to use against Cenzo. I can't believe he hit IMart with that double over trip AGAIN. Stud.

Before the Marinelli match I though VJ was the most improved guy on the team then he ended up on his back again against an unranked guy from Buffalo.  He had a little sloppy spell there but he put it together when it mattered.  IMar has three losses, two are pins and one was in a match where he was out wrestled for seven minutes.  You can't discount what he did tonight, it's probably more impressive than last year's victory.

When he won last year he said he had to get three more and now his biggest competition is gone.  It's crazy to think but VJ is the only one of the PSU studs that has a chance to be a four-timer.

Last year I Mar thought about Cenzo for like 15 seconds before he wrestled him. This year I Mar, one of the sports greatest, right, he thought about Cenzo for 365 Days. Cenzo still clobbered him. 

Imar was done at that point. Actually he was done on the inside trip. Styles make matches.

Yea, IMar broke mentally.  His emotions took over (in a negative way) and he couldn't believe what was happening.  Joseph is his nemesis but on the mat his emotional opposite in a strange way:  he stays cool, calm and focused; off the map, they are both passionate. 

Yea, IMar broke mentally.  His emotions took over (in a negative way) and he couldn't believe what was happening.  Joseph is his nemesis but on the mat his emotional opposite in a strange way:  he stays cool, calm and focused; off the map, they are both passionate.

Imar looked stressed out of his mind. Looked like he hadn't slept for days.

I couldn't believe IMart broke mentally. He was so laser focused this year, and esp in the postseason. I think he lost his composure after falling for Cenzo's inside trip again and just psychologically punished himself and couldn't get his head back into the match. That headbutt was a real wtf moment.

Anyway, I noticed this tweet from IMart and think he's a real stand-up guy. Losing tonight is just a minor stumble, and he will go far in life. I hope he returns out west soon and gives wrestling the shot in the arm that it needs out in Pac country.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Imar165/status/975201768291426304

Cenzo is a stud. Don’t see him ever going undefeated but wouldn’t bet against him being 4 time champ.

He’s not afraid to go for big moves and tries things during season which may lead to a loss.

To beat IMAR in back to back is impressive as hell. His style is kryptonite to Imars underhooks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cenzo is a stud. Don’t see him ever going undefeated but wouldn’t bet against him being 4 time champ.

He’s not afraid to go for big moves and tries things during season which may lead to a loss.

To beat IMAR in back to back is impressive as hell. His style is kryptonite to Imars underhooks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Proved last year was not a fluke.