Sign in to follow this  
sgallan

Snyder is pretty good

Last year Mark Hall got a ton of hate for his "Jesus comment. Will Kyle Snyder also get the same criticism?

I admit I find it is annoying, but he has a gold, senior worlds, and NCAA titles giving up a LOT of weight, so I just let it go. Besides, he says it once and then moves on. 

I admit I find it is annoying, but he has a gold, senior worlds, and NCAA titles giving up a LOT of weight, so I just let it go. Besides, he says it once and then moves on.

He's said it numerous times this year including during his half time interview in the dual against PSU. So just to be clear when you win an Olympic title you're allowed to thank God and be religious, but not when you win an NCAA title.

He's said it numerous times this year including during his half time interview in the dual against PSU. So just to be clear when you win an Olympic title you're allowed to thank God and be religious, but not when you win an NCAA title.

Yeah, that is pretty much what I said. You will find no stronger an atheist, and a person who trolls talibangelicals then me. I am just savage. I have read the Bible and know all the "bad" scripture. But sometimes I let it go. Every other thing he does is just positive and cool. He wears his religion well. I can sign on to doing religion if you do it positive. 

So God or Jesus or Allah or Odin or whomever favored him and not his opponent? Does this mean the opponent goes to hell or loses out on Valhalla or something?

As long as you are not praising some type of god that deals in killing the innocent masses and human sacrifice then who care. It’s not any different than thanking anyone/thing else in my view. If he feels his faith helped him stay focused and get to the title then he can use his mic time to acknowledge that.

Edited by MadMardigain

So God or Jesus or Allah or Odin or whomever favored him and not his opponent? Does this mean the opponent goes to hell or loses out on Valhalla or something?

Odin has a special place..... he killed Ice Giants. Ever see an Ice Giant?  Odin is bad azz

As long as you are not praising some type of god that deals in killing the innocent masses and human sacrifice then who care. It’s not any different than thanking anyone/thing else in my view. If he feels it helped him get to the title then he can use his mic time to acknowledge that.

I've been binge watching Vikings on Prime video recently. You got a problem with Odin?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As long as you are not praising some type of god that deals in killing the innocent masses and human sacrifice then who care. It’s not any different than thanking anyone/thing else in my view. If he feels his faith helped him stay focused and get to the title then he can use his mic time to acknowledge that.

Actually a god that deals in the killing of innocent masses pretty much describes both major religions. Bible = drowned babies and little kids.

Actually a god that deals in the killing of innocent masses pretty much describes both major religions. Bible = drowned babies and little kids.

The God of he Bible demonstrates unthinkable grace. His creation constantly turns against Him....but God demonstrated His love for us by sending his son to die for us and save us from ourselves. True love can't exist without justice.

wished he said god instead of jesus christ. im not anti jesus or anything, but saying god would piss less people off. 

Not me, same thing...... in the Christian religion God and Jesus are the same thing. In Christianity, God (also Jesus), basically gave up a long weekend for your sins. 

Yeah, that is pretty much what I said. You will find no stronger an atheist, and a person who trolls talibangelicals then me. I am just savage. I have read the Bible and know all the "bad" scripture. But sometimes I let it go. Every other thing he does is just positive and cool. He wears his religion well. I can sign on to doing religion if you do it positive.

Same here but I have a problem with it recently. If you're going to live it, then you've got to do it all the time. I know it's annoying to have to answer questions after a match but we need as much exposure for the sport as possible and people like it or they wouldn't do it. So he was a dick to Kesnitch (sp) the other day after a match when he didn't feel like talking. So it's okay to not act like a Christian then? But for the most part I just let it go in one ear and out the other

The God of he Bible demonstrates unthinkable grace. His creation constantly turns against Him....but God demonstrated His love for us by sending his son to die for us and save us from ourselves. True love can't exist without justice.

Nah, an all knowing God knows everything that is going to happen. This God would also know who is going to turn against him even before they exist. You know, because God knows everything. So basically the game is rigged, you get born, an all knowing all powerful god knows you are going to screw up, and will torture you forever, even knowing before you are born, you will be tortured for ever. If this isn't the case, why bother worshiping a God who actually doesn't know everything? You need to learn your own theology. Perhaps read the Bible?

Same here but I have a problem with it recently. If you're going to live it, then you've got to do it all the time. I know it's annoying to have to answer questions after a match but we need as much exposure for the sport as possible and people like it or they wouldn't do it. So he was a dick to Kesnitch (sp) the other day after a match when he didn't feel like talking. So it's okay to not act like a Christian then? But for the most part I just let it go in one ear and out the other

I just find it hypocritical when last year PSU guys were criticised non-stop with people going as far as saying Cael won't recruit you unless you're a Christian, YET when Tom Ryan conducts a team prayer before the PSU dual, Scott Goodale conducts a team prayer reciting the Lord's Prayer before a dual, and Kyle Snyder praises Jesus Christ in multiple interviews and those same people are nowhere to be found.

We all have bad days, on the whole if somebody does good I respect what they do with their faith. I very close and dear friend of mine is a devout Christian Pastor who is just amazing, but hardly perfect, and is one of this hard line atheists favorite person ever. For me me not to acknowledge Mike Furches as being just amazing would be akin to those pious religious folks who condemn me based on dogma. Which would make me as hypocritical as them.