Sign in to follow this  
TBar1977

Penn State's Bo Nickal Wins OW of NCAA Championship

Congratulations to Bo Nickal for winning the OW this year!

Oh by the way, Bo's now 7-2 against Myles with 2 National titles, 2 B10 titles and a 90-3 career record. Any more of the "Myles wins the big ones crowd" left? 

Oh by the way, Bo's now 7-2 against Myles with 2 National titles, 2 B10 titles and a 90-3 career record. Any more of the "Myles wins the big ones crowd" left? 

Ironic that Myles beat Bo in the final 2 years ago by rolling thru Bo's throw. Bo wins it this year by hipping Myles off his throw and getting the gator bacon to boot. 

I had Zahid at first, even started a thread, but within that thread I changed my vote; doing something in the moment, that wins your team the title, against a legitimate opponent, gets my vote. To use the "ball" sports analogy, if you need somebody to throw the TD pass, or hit the winning shot, or get the penalty kick, Bo did that within the sport of wrestling.   

TF, TF, Fall, Fall, and a 5-1 decision over an undefeated wrestler vs. Major, Decision, Decision, Decision, Fall against a guy he has beaten multiple times.

3 time AA Martin, the "Guy he has beaten multiple times" was also a former NCAA champ and Martin would have also been undefeated had it not been for his 2 losses to Nickal earlier in the season.

Also, 1 time AA Suriano would have not been undefeated had he not Med Forfeited out of the Big Ten.  Lee was very impressive and his win over Tomasello was OW material. 

Certainly both Nickal and Lee both could have been chosen, but the award only goes to one guy.  The finals first round pin tipped it toward Bo. Very deserving.  

3 time AA Martin, the "Guy he has beaten multiple times" was also a former NCAA champ and Martin would have also been undefeated had it not been for his 2 losses to Nickal earlier in the season.

Also, 1 time AA Suriano would have not been undefeated had he not Med Forfeited out of the Big Ten. Lee was very impressive and his win over Tomasello was OW material.

Certainly both Nickal and Lee both could have been chosen, but the award only goes to one guy. The finals first round pin tipped it toward Bo. Very deserving.

Not as deserving as the domination Lee showed the whole tournament. Not even close