Sign in to follow this  
TBar1977

Penn State's Bo Nickal Wins OW of NCAA Championship

TF, TF, Fall, Fall, and a 5-1 decision over an undefeated wrestler vs. Major, Decision, Decision, Decision, Fall against a guy he has beaten multiple times.

The undefeated wrestler may have been undefeated since he didn't wrestle some top guys, like NATO.  His 5-1 over a Sophomore who didn't compete at Nationals as a Frosh is less impressive than Bo pinning an NCAA champ.  Suriano will probably never be a champ.  

3 time AA Martin, the "Guy he has beaten multiple times" was also a former NCAA champ and Martin would have also been undefeated had it not been for his 2 losses to Nickal earlier in the season.

Also, 1 time AA Suriano would have not been undefeated had he not Med Forfeited out of the Big Ten.  Lee was very impressive and his win over Tomasello was OW material. 

Certainly both Nickal and Lee both could have been chosen, but the award only goes to one guy.  The finals first round pin tipped it toward Bo. Very deserving.  

Lee was impressive over NATO but probably a decision if NATO wasn't risking for a chance to win.  Martin wasn't risking--just flat out got his butt kicked.  

But he beat a college nobody in the Finals--by decision. Bo beat an NCAA champion by PIN!

A college no body who beat a returning national champion in the semis. You gotta let your bias and butthurt go, i get it your upset Suriano left your team, but dude is impressive and he got beat down by Lee, just like everyone else in the tournament. Bo was impressive in his finals match, but Lee was far mor impressive in every other match.

Well... Lee did just that the round before...

Different from my view.  NATO was putting himself out of his comfort zone because he had to in the 3rd period.  Bo just adjusted and simply beat a Martin who wasn't reaching.  

A college no body who beat a returning national champion in the semis. You gotta let your bias and butthurt go, i get it your upset Suriano left your team, but dude is impressive and he got beat down by Lee, just like everyone else in the tournament. Bo was impressive in his finals match, but Lee was far mor impressive in every other match.

...ANNNNDDDD Rutgers is STILL without a National champ.

What are you talking about?  Suriano doesn't have the resume of Martin who got pinned in the Finals.  Don't assume, because...well...even you should get this...

When's the last time Nato got totally handled like that in a college match? All of Gilman's wins over Nato were total squeekers.

Wasn't a beat down in my opinion.  It was competitive but NATO needed to get outside his comfort zone.  A beat down is what Nolf put on Jordan...not Lee on NATO.  

Somehow I doubt Joe is butthurt. Probably the exact opposite. You Iowa fans sound butthurt over Nickal winning OW, though. That much is obvious.

I'm not an Iowa fan, but Lee was much more impressive throughout the tournament. Joe called Suriano a nobody, he wouldn't have said that if Suriano stated at penn state, that was a butthurt comment.

Wasn't a beat down in my opinion.  It was competitive but NATO needed to get outside his comfort zone.  A beat down is what Nolf put on Jordan...not Lee on NATO.

Ok man. Bottom line, it wasn't even close between Lee and Nato this time. Jordan will never even sniff beating Nolf or being a National champ. Nato on the otherhand is a 4x AA that went 1,3,3,3 and Lee a true freshman totally controlled him. Is that better? It wasn't even close. Look I'm a huge fan of Cael and the PSU guys. Nickal is one of my favorite guys to watch and root for, but you seriously need to come up with better arguments than the ones you've given.

so the 2 takedowns and backpoints didn't do anything for Ya? Nobody does that to NATO. Jordan and NATO are not comparable.

What are you talking about? Suriano doesn't have the resume of Martin who got pinned in the Finals. Don't assume, because...well...even you should get this...

No but Nato has a better resume, and Cruz was a returning national champ. Suriano beat a national champ to make the finals, far from a nobody.

so the 2 takedowns and backpoints didn't do anything for Ya? Nobody does that to NATO. Jordan and NATO are not comparable.

Well, apparently somebody does that to NATO...as well as him getting pinned on multiple occasions.