Sign in to follow this  
buckshot1969

Who is moving weights?

Jason Renteria to 141 since he can’t make 133. That would mean Red would have to move up to 149 which is open with McCrystal graduating.

You are assuming Red wants to move up. He doesn't look big at 141 and I think needs to get bigger to compete at 149. JRent could end up as a redshirt.

You are assuming Red wants to move up. He doesn't look big at 141 and I think needs to get bigger to compete at 149. JRent could end up as a redshirt.

I was not assuming Red wants to move up. I should have clarified it better by saying will the coaches ask Red to move up to have the best wrestlers in the lineup? A RS is possible but I would like to see them all in the lineup especially Labriola.

Miklus. He's wrestled 184 before when J'Den was in the way at 197. He just looks physically smaller than the other 197 pounders.

I can't see Miklus dropping back down to 184.

Word was that 184 was a very tough cut for him. Plus, Marriott has already used his shirt and showed big improvement this season despite basically being a 174.

Is a red shirt in the cards for Hall maybe? He doesn't look that huge.

pretty sure the Hall comment 'not sure how he made 74' was a joke

as far as possible RS - 2019/2020 season to prep for Olympic opportunity?

pretty sure the Hall comment 'not sure how he made 74' was a joke

as far as possible RS - 2019/2020 season to prep for Olympic opportunity?

If Hall intends to make a serious run at the 2020 Olympic team he will have to decide to get back to a weight he said he outgrew (74Kg) or get big enough to compete at 86Kg.  If he was really struggling to hoid 74 Kg as he indicated last year his best bet may be to put on some good muscle.

If Hall intends to make a serious run at the 2020 Olympic team he will have to decide to get back to a weight he said he outgrew (74Kg) or get big enough to compete at 86Kg. If he was really struggling to hoid 74 Kg as he indicated last year his best bet may be to put on some good muscle.

Ohhh, that makes sense. I assumed the "74" above was short for 174 in college. Hall could probably get on the David Taylor plan and bulk up to 86kg, but I think he would still get launched against those big guys. His chances are better against JB and probably Dake than going up against DT, Cox, Sadulaev, Yazdani, etc.

Moving up or RS & moving up would really help PSU fill a gap when Bo leaves and make room in the lineup for someone like Manville though.