Sign in to follow this  
southend

174 lb match

Zahid and Mark have been wrestling against eachother since they were kids.  Zahid is actually around 9-1 or 10-1 against Mark lifetime, but I obviously wouldn't count those kids matches.

I remmeber last year reading somewhere Mark Hall being quoted that his semi final win was the first time he ever beat Zahid.

I think they will always be a weight class apart in freestyle. These two wrestlers are obviously not the same size. I don't think Hall can beat him in an NCAA final because of the size difference. 

How about a semi-final match?

I think they will always be a weight class apart in freestyle. These two wrestlers are obviously not the same size. I don't think Hall can beat him in an NCAA final because of the size difference.

From my understanding they both made the same weight. Zahid isn’t as big as everyone makes him out to be. It’s a myth that has been perpetuated by PSU guys.

Mark is a 165er but  you have a great wrestler there already so that shows you how talented Mark is .   

Take nothing away from Zahid he is the real deal but probably a 184er and will he bump up to challenge Bo

next year ? 

Mark is a 165er but you have a great wrestler there already so that shows you how talented Mark is .

Take nothing away from Zahid he is the real deal but probably a 184er and will he bump up to challenge Bo

next year ?

Mark is on record that 74 kg was extremely difficult to make, and that was with night before weigh ins mind you. But nice try.

They are within a few pounds of each other. Zahid weighed in fully clothed in the mid 180s during his last Beat the Streets appearance (where the Iranian almost beat him into a coma). Hall can’t make 74 kg and wrestle his best per his own admission as of a year ago and weighed in the low 180s in HS his senior year. Zahid has a big reach and length advantage, but Hall is more muscular all around.

Not with the new 79 kg weight class.  I believe both have suggested they were going 79 kg in freestyle. 

74kg is 163.142 Lbs it may be hard but he could make 165 but we know why he doesn't and Zahid wrestle 1 weight class up in freestyle .

165 on an hour weigh in is an entirely different ball game when compared to 74 kg night before.

As far as I know Hall didn’t wrestle Zahid in high school. For most of the time Zahid was smaller than Hall and Hall wrestled Anthony (who he beat a number of times)

They didn't in HS.  Anthony was the same weight as Mark in HS and they wrestled many times, including at the OTC when prepping for the Jr World Championships.