Sign in to follow this  
WillieBoy

Reversal/on top/control?

Snyder beating Coon prompts this one.

I was glad to see Snyder win. Was hoping he would get a good outside move and score a takedown or two.

As it is he scored two on a reversal.

But - where was any actual "control" in this one? The size difference was never more apparent in the match than Kyle Snyder directly behind Adam Coon and trying to hold on to the 55 gallon barrel body with the reversal. Yes, technically he was "in control" but who would have ever actually controlled Coon in that circumstance?

Snyder got the points and the match and I like the outcome.

Just getting out and on top or behind an opponent - is it time to re-think or tweak what really is a "reversal"?

EDITED BELOW - after looking at it - takedown, not reversal.

Edited by WillieBoy

Reversal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven't re-watched this morning. Was it a reversal - or a takedown? Either way, getting behind and no actual control - just doesn't 'feel right' even though it is enough for points.

Will go back and watch on YouTube to get it right. Maybe I'm remembering what didn't happen? Too much lack of sleep helping neighbors with calving this week.

EDIT: Yep, a takedown. Not really any control, but two points.

Edited by WillieBoy

Coon had an overhook when he attempted a shot, and Snyder just threw it by for a slick TD. Happened so fast that I had to rewind it a couple of times to see it. My only frustration with the coverage, aside from the commentary during matches with Dake/Taylor (not their fault), was the camera angle during certain matches. Snyder’s TD and Nickal’s high flyer are examples. I’d prefer to just keep the overhead view during the match, and use the various camera angles for replays, breaks etc...

I don't get the "no actual control"? All the way behind, Coon on hands and knees, well beyond any reaction time if that even mattered. How is this in any way in question? Do we want them to be flat on their stomach for a takedown?

Edited by Lurker

I don't get the "no actual control"? All the way behind, Coon on hands and knees, well beyond any reaction time if that even mattered. How is this in any way in question? Do we want them to be flat on their stomach for a takedown?

I'm guessing Willie's saying that Snyder didn't really lock onto the body and was just behind. I didn't notice that so I have no opinion. Sometimes you just get behind and on top almost like in a spin drill with your hands behind your back.