Sign in to follow this  
MadMardigain

What’s next years top 5 team race look like?

Whre

Where will Silva fit in after his RS? He looks like a 133 to me, and Micic has two years left, I believe.

Redshirts his freshman year and Storr goes 141. The following year Storr goes 149 after Amine graduates and Silva goes 141. To me I’ve always seen him as a 141, he looked very big wrestling 132 in high school imo, and Michigan in general aren’t huge weight cutters imo.

russell, pish's post is warranted given that psu was assumed to win this yearcbecause at the time they had the far better squad. Without those two things happening psu wins by almost 50 points. Pish wasn't being defensive, just factual as to why people felt that way this time last year.

People feel the same this year because at this time psu has the best squad. If things change then they change, and things will get re evaluated at that time.

Can’t say it any better...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can’t say it any better...

And to go one step further. I believe we have 117 returning points. That will only go up. Nevills and Shak will place better than 7th.

I’ll also say whoever PSU puts out there at 125, 133, 149 matches Zains points. So I see minimum 148 points next year.

If a team can step up and beat that, I tip my cap. Until then....I guess some can pray for transfers and some unfortunate luck for PSU

Cassar also has 2 years left while Rasheed only has 1.

Rasheed should transfer and drop to 184. That's honestly probably best him. Especially if Cassar wins the spot and he can't wrestle as a senior. Maybe he would even pin Nickal in a cradle in the NCAA finals!

Rasheed should transfer and drop to 184. That's honestly probably best him. Especially if Cassar wins the spot and he can't wrestle as a senior. Maybe he would even pin Nickal in a cradle in the NCAA finals!

Yeah and if Nolf transfers, bumps up and beats Cenzo, PSU may not have any champs

The way the two of them speak re the PSU wrestling program, I doubt either of them transfers.

Edited by TBar1977

Absolutely bummed Lehigh, which decimated Michigan in a dual at the beginning of the year - 7 bouts to 3 ...27 ish to 10, and needed ONE takedown to beat PSU in the dual, folds like a deck of cards at Nats. Anyway they only lose ONE I believe - Cruz. But that doesn't  matter if 4 and 5 seeds consistently lose in the qtrs. and end up wresting for 8th. Lehigh tuition is now $66k a year, their kids with schollies get a heckuva lot of $$$. Why does Cornell outperform Lehigh so consistently????.  

Absolutely bummed Lehigh, which decimated Michigan in a dual at the beginning of the year - 7 bouts to 3 ...27 ish to 10, and needed ONE takedown to beat PSU in the dual, folds like a deck of cards at Nats. Anyway they only lose ONE I believe - Cruz. But that doesn't  matter if 4 and 5 seeds consistently lose in the qtrs. and end up wresting for 8th. Lehigh tuition is now $66k a year, their kids with schollies get a heckuva lot of $$$. Why does Cornell outperform Lehigh so consistently????.  

Well, duh, it's because Cornell has a state school (the College of Agriculture) and they greyshirt their recruits at the local community college.

At least that's what the Lehigh fans (and other whiners here) say.

To be fair, this year Cruz was in a brutal weight class.  Parker was seeded 8th and took 7th.  Schuyler was unseeded and went 2-2.  Brown was unseeded and went 1-2.  Wolf was unseeded and also went 1-2.  Kutler was seeded #4, got injured early in the tournament and got 6th despite MFOR.  Preisch definitely underperformed from the #3 seed.  Weiler was unseeded, beat two seeded wrestlers and lost to the 5th (in the blood round) and 6th place winners.  Wood was seeded 10th and MDef in the blood round.  What they didn't do as a team was score bonus, getting all of 1 bonus point, compared to Cornell's 6 bonus points with only 7 wrestlers (two of which went a combined 1-4).

Interestingly (or not), Cornell's seven wrestlers faced four #1 seeds, going 1-3.  They might have scored a bit higher were it not for half their guys hitting top seeds.