Sign in to follow this  
Billyhoyle

Ohio State next year

I could see Myles redshirting.  I think he can beat Bo, but with it being in Pittsburgh next year, that's a pretty tall order. He has done it before, so he doesn't have to prove that at this point. They will wrestle again in freestyle and that may be more to Myles advantage than Folk. So I think a RS would be good for him.  With that being said, Zahid is likely coming up, so it won't get any easier. Zahid used to beat Myles, but they were always barnburners. 

I really like the potential of Romero. And Hayes was really a bumped up 141, so a year of gaining some muscle will help him a ton, as will seeing Retherford graduate. I think McKenna could well be the favorite at 141 next year. I think Yianni goes up a weight.  I think Moore needs to bulk up a little more and needs some time off. He seemed a bit spent this year for whatever reason. 

Maybe Piccininni is the transfer? Unless the Laney thing is validated? Picc was recruited by Ohio State out of high school and has the Long Island connection with Tom Ryan. Wrestled with his son at the hauppauge kid program. I don’t think Picc will be big enough for 133 and Fix wants to go 125

pretty solid Picc to Hofstra rumor out there right now

Oh, PSU has done it. Andrew Long. Nobody else has really worked out, so PSU just isn't very good at it like Ohio State. I'm sure if the opportunity presented itself ...

I'm just saying Ryan is more likely to have an ace in his hand already because if nothing he is a micro managing planner extraordinair. Can't see him going the other route. 

Matt Brown worked out pretty well

Here's my baseless speculation - Kolin Moore can't hold 197 anymore, he's going HWT next year.  Obviously not ideal with Singletary coming in but if he can't make the weight he can't make the weight. 

Is he really that big? Saw on track he had a weigh-in of 205 (3KG under) two years ago.  

Edited by LemonPie

He wrestled like a guy with weight issues this year, but again just baseless speculation.

I see what you’re saying. He was noticeably better in the evening sessions than he was during the morning ones. Maybe it’s a matter of weight management though? Not many can do what Snyder did and move up with success. On the other hand Bergman also did......If Singletary is a bust you may be right. Can his dump transfer to HWT?

2020 lineup after a Martin RS: Martin, Hoffman, Moore?

Edited by Billyhoyle

Wonder if Hayes will apply for a 6th year like Mikulus for his injury last season. That would essentially only make him a sophomore next season

You only get a 6th year if you miss two seasons otherwise it is 5 years to wrestle 4. Steiber basically got a redo on his 1st season, Brock did the same thing. They were then left with 4 years to wrestle 4. Not sure what Hayes has missed.

T-Bar:  You don't need to take pot shots at Ryan.  Your team won.  You spoil your otherwise reasonable posts with bias and douchery.  FYI--the only noteworthy transfers Ohio State has had in recent memory are Campbell and McKenna.  McKenna wanted out of Stanford because it wasn't his ideal fit for achieving his goals.  I don't think anyone recruited him until he opened it up.  And as I recall, PSU was on his list of destinations.   

Bucks lineup for next season:

125: Mead/Heinselman

133: Pletcher

141: McKenna (unless he redshirts and Hayes moves down)

149: Micah

157: Sasso/Mattox

165: Cast of thousands (Romero, Rocky, Mattox)

174: Campbell

184: Gavin Hoffman?  Ethan Smith? (Myles redshirts)

197: Moore

Hvy: Singletary

I think it's 50-50 as to whether Hayes remains in Columbus.  Talented young man but really didn't seem to have the necessary fire in his belly at crunch time.  

Kollin struggles noticeably against the bigger 97’s this year... Cassar, Conel, Machiavelli. What logic suggests he succeeding with guys weighing up to 285 pounds? Kollin actually oooks undersized at 97, at least muscularly. The one thing I noticed about Kollin this year versus last was his chain wrestling, multiple attacks completely disappeared this year. He was a one move one shot offense this year and then got tied. Maybe that was a gas tank thing.

You only get a 6th year if you miss two seasons otherwise it is 5 years to wrestle 4. Steiber basically got a redo on his 1st season, Brock did the same thing. They were then left with 4 years to wrestle 4. Not sure what Hayes has missed.

Honestly, they are handing 6th years out like candy, which is good, so Hayes can probably get one.

Kollin struggles noticeably against the bigger 97’s this year... Cassar, Conel, Machiavelli. What logic suggests he succeeding with guys weighing up to 285 pounds? Kollin actually oooks undersized at 97, at least muscularly. The one thing I noticed about Kollin this year versus last was his chain wrestling, multiple attacks completely disappeared this year. He was a one move one shot offense this year and then got tied. Maybe that was a gas tank thing.

He has always looked small to me at 197.  

You are catching on, but I doubt Ryan would do this simply because he is a very good salesman. He can just go out and get someone off another team's roster to cover 125 and roll with Singletary at Hwt. That is what I would expect him to do. Caleb Romero is a good replacement for Bo Jordan. Laney for NaTo and Singletary for Snyder. Back in business.

The redshirt everyone theory is good for one year, then you pay a price. As long as you can just go out and get someone like Laney, you are never out of it. 

i believe they really want hienselman to come in and start as a true freshmen... and that is based purely on what they had him do this year in HS...

184: Gavin Hoffman? Ethan Smith? (Myles redshirts)

I think it's 50-50 as to whether Hayes remains in Columbus. Talented young man but really didn't seem to have the necessary fire in his belly at crunch time.

I think Hunter Lucas might be the guy at 125 barring any transfer

184: Gavin Hoffman? Ethan Smith? (Myles redshirts)

I think it's 50-50 as to whether Hayes remains in Columbus. Talented young man but really didn't seem to have the necessary fire in his belly at crunch time.

Do you have inside information about Hayes? The guy bumped up a weight after an incomplete wrestleoff to a transfer. Undersized, he then did better than anyone expected and earned the 5 seed. At NCAAs, he lost 2 very close matches. One to the 4 seed and one to the 2 seed. He’s also a really outstanding top wrestler.

So what makes you think he doesn’t have fire?

I think PSU is always going to be tough, but if you look at the guys the Buckeyes currently have on their roster they look really solid.

I think I would just try and find a some guys to fill the few vacancies and go for it.

125 ? Koonz ?

133 Pletcher

141 McKenna

149 Hayes

157 Jordan

165 Campbell

174 Romero

184 My Mar

197 Moore

Hwt. Kevin Snyder

This line up has 5 AA's on it. I think there are a lot of teams that would love to have a line up like this.

I think what we learned from this weekend, if Cael goes after the win PSU wins. So Cael will let Tom Ryan know when tosu has another shot at a title

How come Carl doesn't go for the win with his freestyle guys? When was the last Penn Stater to medal at World's? 2002 with McCoy?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk