Sign in to follow this  
scribe

Lee or Yianni? Which true freshman is better?

Lee will be competitive at WTTs this summer and I would not be surprised if he wins it.

Not sure if Yianni can compete with Zain and Steiber yet. Hopefully we find out this summer.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Lee is gonna make the 125 field look like he’s wrestling middle schoolers next season, and I’m not particularly a Spencer Lee fan. He was teching and pinning All Americans like it was nothing his TRUE FRESHMAN year. The only 2 (not counting Bresser) he didn’t eventually throw around like rag dolls were 2 guys stronger than him in Nato and Suriano. A year older, stronger Spencer Lee is simply scary to think about. A senior year Spencer Lee may be something we’ve never before...a bonus point victory every match. He’s a generational talent along with Snyder.

Lee is gonna make the 125 field look like he’s wrestling middle schoolers next season, and I’m not particularly a Spencer Lee fan. He was teching and pinning All Americans like it was nothing his TRUE FRESHMAN year. The only 2 (not counting Bresser) he didn’t eventually throw around like rag dolls were 2 guys stronger than him in Nato and Suriano. A year older, stronger Spencer Lee is simply scary to think about. A senior year Spencer Lee may be something we’ve never before...a bonus point victory every match. He’s a generational talent along with Snyder.

I hope this happens, but idk. Metcalf dominated his soph year and seemed to get less dominant as the time passed.

Somewhat related to thread, but will be interesting to see if Spencer is an alternate to Gilman at the World Cup in Iowa. Guessing Lee would be a huge crowd favorite there. I'm sure he could win matches there too.

Good Q. Lee has 2 junior world titles. + for him. Yianni competes in a weight class that contains a higher percentage of males 18+ in the U.S. a plus for him.

Both are phenomenal. Yianni has one loss to the 2 seed. Lee had a loss to the 2 seed and to a lower seed. Both won from the 3 seed right? Beating the 2 and 1 seeds. Both had to avenge a prior loss. Lee pinned his guy. Yianni had to beat a defending 2x champion. Lee had to beat a 1x champ (and pinned him).

Pretty cool story for both.

Edited by nom

This should be a great comparison going forward.  Lee twice the losses in half the matches.    Yianni half the losses in twice the matches.      Both national champs as true frosh.   Slight advantage to Yianni but Lee is very good.   And with 125 likely clearing out, Lee should keep those losses to a minimum going forward.    

Spencer Lee will beat Gilman this spring.

Maybe, quite a size difference. Still has to run the gauntlet of other studs. 

Although, Lee has already beaten Gilman.... in popularity.  Lee is the anti-Gilman.