Sign in to follow this  
TripNSweep

All Star Classic Next Season Lee vs Desanto?

I know the All Star Classic is generally reserved for the top contenders at each weight, but I think this would be pretty interesting. Desanto is definitely an AA contender next year seeing as he narrowly lost in the blood round this year and Lee, well he met every expectation of him.  I think it could get some attention because of their high school rivalry and I think both of them would welcome it as a challenge.  

Yeah no chance Lee wants to do a submission match with Desanto. I mean he mentioned last night about his mom tapping him out in front of his teammates at practice. So Desanto would definitely hurt him.

After them seeding Hall 2nd because of his loss I'd be surprised if any of the #1 guys shows up for this.

What other measure was there for them to go off of, when both guys were officially undefeated? I understand Hall won the H2H last year and was national champ, but Valencia also beat him more recently, yes I know it was an exhibition. Maybe make a statement that ASM counts for seeding only? Maybe make it an official match? I’m just glad we were able to see two great wrestlers battle it out. Will he jbteresting to see what improvements and changes Hall can make for next time.

What other measure was there for them to go off of, when both guys were officially undefeated? I understand Hall won the H2H last year and was national champ, but Valencia also beat him more recently, yes I know it was an exhibition. Maybe make a statement that ASM counts for seeding only? Maybe make it an official match? I’m just glad we were able to see two great wrestlers battle it out. Will he jbteresting to see what improvements and changes Hall can make for next time.

If it truly doesn't count then the more recent win shouldn't matter.  Hall won H2H then went undefeated so he should have been #1.  They also seeded Nevills above Tanner Hall because of the meet, it's just stupid.  

Also, there are no weigh-ins so nobody knows what Zahid weighed during that match.  Obviously he was (much) better than Hall last night and the seeding probably ended up favoring Hall in their semi-final matchups but if you're at a "three-headed monster" weight you'd be stupid to go to the classic and risk having to match up with a hammer in the semis.

To clarify, Spencer Lee teched Desanto, 15 - 0, in the PA state finals the (jr.)year before.

Without a brace and severe knee injury. Desanato is a 1 trick pony, Micic proved it better than anyone, pinch his arms in tight from a tie and he loses his 1 move . 

His grappling is good but he's gonna be working hard on his striking during his next training camp. Don't be surprised to see him win a few matches by KO next year

I disagree with his grappling being good, he had that key lock long enough to get a tap and didn't get it done.