Sign in to follow this  
CaliWrestler

IMAR

To me IMar didn't seem to be the same guy at 165 as he was at 157. At 157 he not only had great quickness but he was usually stronger. At 165 he didn't appear to have a strength advantage over the top guys and that is what really suits his style.

Joseph is a one trick pony with the overhooks and inside trip.  Imar got sloppy and allowed Joseph to score 4pt on one maneuver and the match was over at that point.

Joseph didn't score four points on one maneuver.  He scored a take down with the inside trip at the edge of the mat, then scored two near fall after the restart with short time off a tilt when IMAR tried to roll.  

I agree... bad style match up. Imar best position is his underhook and Vincenzo feels totally comfortable and so dangerous with that overhook. Imar went right back to the position where he got burned last year and got burned again. Monday morning qb’ing if that was me, I would’ve changed tactics and stayed away from jamming the underhook... look for other ties/leg attacks and try to grind it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, was wondering why he didn't stick to the same game plan he had for BIG