Sign in to follow this  
MSU158

No matter how you feel about Terry Brands, he loves his guys:

I'm not the hugest fan of a lot of Terry Brands' antics, but his support of his guys is awesome.

With that, it's nice to see that the Hawks, though a distant third, are still in the mix near the top of the heap. This sport wouldn't be what it is without them and, as a fan, I appreciate that.

Even with THAT being said, how nice would it be to see NC State and Arizona State to break up that B10 stranglehold at the top and show that wrestling isn't just a middle America sport?

I'm not the hugest fan of a lot of Terry Brands' antics, but his support of his guys is awesome.

With that, it's nice to see that the Hawks, though a distant third, are still in the mix near the top of the heap. This sport wouldn't be what it is without them and, as a fan, I appreciate that.

Even with THAT being said, how nice would it be to see NC State and Arizona State to break up that B10 stranglehold at the top and show that wrestling isn't just a middle America sport?

of course PSU is a B1G team and currently they are the establishment, but in terms of geography, the year they and Cornell went 1-2....huge. 

I certainly don't disagree that Terry loves his wrestlers but a better gauge might be in the way he supported Sorenson, Kimmer, Marinelli, etc. after a tough loss on the right hand side of the bracket.

Excellent point Pamela. In all areas and types of relationships, it's easy to be there when things are good. True measure of being there is when things are tough.

My only gripe with Brands is him yelling "make him wrestle or what's he doing" the whole match against Suriano.  It was loud and over the top.  They are good for the sport, and good for certain types of kids. 

I was amazed at how quiet certain moments were during the finals.  For example, once the entrances were done and Suriano/Lee started, the whole arena was eerily silent.  I was on the 2nd tier, and I could hear Brands like I was sitting next to him.  Many of the matches were like this, until some action happened, then the place would go crazy.

Looks like Tomasello tried to shake his hand after and Brand just continued jumping around celebrating.  

he didn't decline the handshake, but it looked like he taunted him maybe....I pray that isn't the case...

PS of course he loves his guys, that has nothing to do with him being a jerk or not.