Ogalthorpe Haywood

Vincenzo Joseph

Here’s my take on Cenzo. He’s not Nolf, Nickal or Hall, where he can win if he brings his B or C game.

If Cenzo brings his A game, then he’s clear favorite. If he brings his B game, against guys like Bull, White, Massa, he's gonna get knocked down. I don’t see this happening in a tournament, but certainly can see him dropping 1 or 2 during the season.

Before NCAA’s, he tries things out, he can be too relaxed and he can get throw happy And he's not good enough to overcome some of those errors.

nobody I've seen

When he's totally focused the advantage he has is, I don't see anyone that can take him down And he has some real slick offense even without the throws and trips.

(stylistically)

As far as Wick. This is one match-up where I can see Joseph all over Wicks legs, so I don’t see him as a problem (styalistically).

If he gets sloppy against a Bull, White or even a Chandler Rodgers, he can get put on his back as we’ve seen a few times.

He's

One of my favorite PSU wrestlers and could possibly be a 4timer. I just don’t put him in the same class as Nolf, Nickal or Hall or Lee   as far as being able to win Big even without his A game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FIFY

(:)) don't get mad...just yankin' yer chain.  I liked the content of your post, good analysis)

What's funny is that Cenzo is the least appreciated of the Big Five in PSU's lineup this year, but is the only one with the opportunity to win four titles.  If you roll back and add Ruth and DT in the discussion, how would you rank the following group?

Zain (5-1-1-1; 126-3; 92 consecutive wins)

DT (2-1-2-1; 134-3)

Nolf (2-1-1-?; 86-3)

Ruth (3-1-1-1; 136-3)

Bo (2-1-1-?; 90-3)

Hall (1-2-?-?; 63-4)

Cenzo (1-1-?-?; 47-6)

No your just ignorant. #2 seed in the shallowest weight is gonna be way more analyzed than a possible AA in the deepest weight.

If I’m ignorant my god what are you, is there even a name? Lol sorry I hurt your feelings having an opposite view, I would bring out the I’m rubber your glue comeback to your name calling but I’m not sure if your mature enough to understand that yet. Edited by Aviator12

What's funny is that Cenzo is the least appreciated of the Big Five in PSU's lineup this year, but is the only one with the opportunity to win four titles.  If you roll back and add Ruth and DT in the discussion, how would you rank the following group?

DT (2-1-2-1; 134-3)

Nolf (2-1-1-?; 86-3)

Ruth (3-1-1-1; 136-3)

Bo (2-1-1-?; 90-3)

Hall (1-2-?-?; 63-4)

Cenzo (1-1-?-?; 47-6)

Nolf may have three losses but one was a medical forfeit. He could have the fewest losses of all of them in matches that were decided by the wrestlers and not an injury.

Nolf may have three losses but one was a medical forfeit. He could have the fewest losses of all of them in matches that were decided by the wrestlers and not an injury.

True.  Ruth also has an INJ DEF on his record, but he was losing 9-2 +RT at the time of the default (end of 2nd period).

That said, how do you rank them?

Edited by lu_alum

What's funny is that Cenzo is the least appreciated of the Big Five in PSU's lineup this year, but is the only one with the opportunity to win four titles. If you roll back and add Ruth and DT in the discussion, how would you rank the following group?

DT (2-1-2-1; 134-3)

Nolf (2-1-1-?; 86-3)

Ruth (3-1-1-1; 136-3)

Bo (2-1-1-?; 90-3)

Hall (1-2-?-?; 63-4)

Cenzo (1-1-?-?; 47-6)

I’d rank them by team points at nationals. I would guess Zain or DT will top that list.

I’d rank them by team points at nationals. I would guess Zain or DT will top that list.

Ruth actually has more NCAA points than Zain (source: PSU Wrestling Club site)

NCAA_Score.jpg

Edited by lu_alum

If I’m ignorant my god what are you, is there even a name? Lol sorry I hurt your feelings having an opposite view, I would bring out the I’m rubber your glue comeback to your name calling but I’m not sure if your mature enough to understand that yet.

hilariously you pointed out rasheed already and made my point...

Ruth actually has more NCAA points than Zain (source: PSU Wrestling Club site)

NCAA_Score.jpg

Nolf could very well pass Zain and Ruth after next year. He has 72 so far.

Nickal, with 68.5 so far, will also have a shot at passing them both, but passing Ruth seems like a long shot for him.

If Joseph matches his production from his first two years in the next two, he would be a four-time champion whose career NCAA point total would rank below Taylor, Ruth, Retherford, Nolf and Nickal.

DT (2-1-2-1; 134-3)

Nolf (2-1-1-?; 86-3)

Ruth (3-1-1-1; 136-3)

Bo (2-1-1-?; 90-3)

Hall (1-2-?-?; 63-4)

Cenzo (1-1-?-?; 47-6)

I think a lot of that has to do with Joseph losing his first match his first year, it seemed like people lost a bit of excitement over him from that and then he's flown somewhat under the radar despite having the best start at PSU.

Mark Hall lost his first official match too.

Not true. Lost his first dual, but his open tournament bouts count as official matches. Hall was 8-0 when he lost to Christian Brucki by a score of 8-7.

https://www.pennstatewrestlingclub.org/history/index.php?view=wrestlerstats&wrestler=793

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by lu_alum

I think a lot of that has to do with Joseph losing his first match his first year, it seemed like people lost a bit of excitement over him from that and then he's flown somewhat under the radar despite having the best start at PSU.

More PSU fake news. Joseph won his first match in an away dual against Andrew Mendel of Army West Point by a 21-6 TF. That was two days before he lost in his home debut to Keaton Subjeck of Stanford, 18-12.

https://www.pennstatewrestlingclub.org/history/index.php?view=wrestlerstats&wrestler=786

Edited by lu_alum

Not true. Lost his first dual, but his open tournament bouts count as official matches. Hall was 8-0 when he lost to Christian Brucki by a score of 8-7.

https://www.pennstatewrestlingclub.org/history/index.php?view=wrestlerstats&wrestler=793

when they announced his redshirt was coming off, he lost that match.  However it works prior to that is all well and fine, but he lost at Iowa to Alex Myers right after it was announced that he was officially in.

DT (2-1-2-1; 134-3)

Nolf (2-1-1-?; 86-3)

Ruth (3-1-1-1; 136-3)

Bo (2-1-1-?; 90-3)

Hall (1-2-?-?; 63-4)

Cenzo (1-1-?-?; 47-6)

Exactly the order you have them listed in my book.