Sign in to follow this  
BigTenFanboy

Nick Lee

Yes I did.   When he went down,  there was a feeling of it being a major blow to Penn State's chances.    Then Ohio State went 19-1 the first 2 rounds.   It wasn't looking good and the only thing Lee could do was to go on a run on the back side, not only for himself, but especially to atone for the huge let down in round 1.    We were with some of the Lockhaven fans at that time and the topic came up.  I said he's got to battle back to the 5th place bout.  He owes it to his team more than anything.  My buddy Hulk said it was probably too tall a task to expect from him.  I told him write it down.    Saturday early afternoon he pulls out a piece of paper that said Lee 5/6 just after the young Penn State lion had captured his medal.    His treat at the Harry Buffalo after my ice water call.    

The Alber match was so pivotal. It got to him to where he had a good bracket and he did go on quite a good run thru it. Kid has skinny legs and doesn't yet have the man strength he is going to eventually acquire. As others have said, he is going to be improved next year. 

Did anyone expect him to finish 5th? After his loss to Deihl I seriously thought he would lose to Alber considering how close his match with him at the scuffle was.

I thought 5th was his ceiling this year. Was really just hoping for top 8. After the first round loss, I was thinking we screwed.

To Lee’s credit, what a job on the backside!

He exceeded my expectations but didn’t do it like I thought it would go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by pish6969

They’ve ran out of threads on the psu forum.

Thankfully, no, gratefully (ha ha, there's that word), there is always more room here. This place never runs out of space for positive feel good stories.

Edited by TBar1977

Does every PSU wrestler get their own thread?

The team won a 7th title under Cael Sanderson in his 9th year as Coach.

They did it in dramatic fashion over a very good Ohio State team whose top wrestler is a 3 time World Champion and still wrestled to support his University program.

Why not discussions focusing on Penn State wrestlers?

Look back a few years at Iowa. The Big Dog gets attention.

Wouldn't be surprised if he redshirts next year. They have a ton coming back, some studs coming in (PSU has had a pretty good success rate with their freshmen), and nobody appearing to be as formidable as Ohio State in the team chase. I see the Zain route with Lee