Sign in to follow this  
BigTenFanboy

If Michael Kemerer was seeded 5th

ZR grinds people into submission , Nolf is like a whirlwind of activity that never stops , if he doesn't get the take down he just doesn't care , something else is coming in the next 2-3 seconds. Injury is the only thing that can slow him down . There is a gigantic gap between him and everybody else.

Well Kemerer, got hurt, and fortunately it wasn't a season ender. But even if he hadn't gotten hurt, I'm not seeing anything that makes me think that he is doing anything at present that shows me he can get by Nolf. Now maybe over the summer, Kemdog can do some things to improve his chances, so we'll see.

I think that Kemdog will have a career similar to Sorensen, where he has this guy in his weight class that he just can't get by, but he will go on to be a four time AA and have a solid career for the Hawkeyes.

Well Kemerer, got hurt, and fortunately it wasn't a season ender. But even if he hadn't gotten hurt, I'm not seeing anything that makes me think that he is doing anything at present that shows me he can get by Nolf. Now maybe over the summer, Kemdog can do some things to improve his chances, so we'll see.

I think that Kemdog will have a career similar to Sorensen, where he has this guy in his weight class that he just can't get by, but he will go on to be a four time AA and have a solid career for the Hawkeyes.

The question was whether he would have made the finals, opposite of Nolf...not whether he could beat Nolf.  I think he would have beaten Hidlay in a low scoring, tight battle and then lose to Nolf in the final. 

I take a healthy Kemerer over everyone not named Jason Nolf. Kemerer has never lost to Hidlay. Hidlay has certainly improved but I gotta go with Kemerer until proven otherwise.

The OP didn't say "healthy" Kemerer, just would he have made the SF from the #5.  Don't think the Kemerer in Cleveland would have done it.

The OP didn't say "healthy" Kemerer, just would he have made the SF from the #5.  Don't think the Kemerer in Cleveland would have done it.

The sad thing is we'll never know. Win or lose I would've loved to see Kemerer v Hidlay in the Semis.