Sign in to follow this  
gowrestle

Penn State Next Year

125 and 133 will probably be tough weights again next year, so it might be trial by fire for the TFs coming in. Verk will have some big shoes to fill. I still don't see how or where Manville fits into the lineup next year. Shak needs to eat and lift, tighten up his neutral game, add to his cradle game and possibly rethink his haircut (or go full Askren/Fix). Cassar needs to rehab and stay healthy - is he being plagued by legacy injuries?

Nolf-Kimmer will be epic when they are hopefully fully healed and good to go next season. Kem will continue to improve with Perry and IMart in the room and could close the gap, but then again we're talking about Jason Nolf and it's really difficult to imagine anyone matching up with him.

Similar with Cenzo-Marinelli... Marinelli will be off the knee brace and have some good training partners. Massa, Wick, Campbell, White are also threats will make for a rough B1G dual season. They could end up beating each other up and open up tourney seeding for someone like Chance, Hidlay (if he moves up) or JoJo/Rogers.

In regard to Nolf/Kemerrer--great kid, but he needs to get close first.  Best chance was a week ago.  Nolf actually will get better being more fundamental this year late; good luck to all next year.  

Zahid beats nickal soundly in my mind (he's already done it in free). Wether he goes 174 or 184 I have him picked to win it.

I want this.  Bo is so much better, and this is Folk.  Take Bo all day at this point.  Put it this way--who you have--Bo or Hall?  Not even close--Bo.  Let's see if Zahid is feeling confident.  If so, why not go up and win while letting his brother eat.  We shall see.  

Didn’t Zahid handle Nickal the last time they wrestled? I can’t see why he would be afraid of either him or Martin

A few years is a life time ago.  Want Zahid to go 184 since I think Bo will be too much for him.  Bo's style really doesn't translate well to FS unless altered smartly.  He will be fine even when he focuses on FS...as will Nolf.  

Cenzo is built like a fire hydrant? What exactly does that mean? And I’m being serious because he’s not very muscular.

Joseph is thick.  Thin and cut is not necessarily as strong as thick and okay.  This, and he is really good technically and positioning.  

Cenzo looks just right for 165. I also think Hall would beat him in a wrestle-off. Hall is way too technical, plus he has the crazy balance and scrambling ability also. It would probably be a boring match, though.

Again, Joseph is underrated.  Think he gives Hall all he wants and then some. Trying to think of Hall's offense.  

Pffft. Losers.

Seems insane to give up a state title like Nick Lee's brother did! Skipped his Sr year to train with PSU wrestling club. I'd have definitely tried for the 3-peat if I was him.

Nick did the same thing..

Lost to Micic in the finals his freshman year, won his sophomore, his junior year went the vision quest route and cut down to go after Chad Red, who was three years undefeated. Senior year went to NLWC.

A few years is a life time ago. Want Zahid to go 184 since I think Bo will be too much for him. Bo's style really doesn't translate well to FS unless altered smartly. He will be fine even when he focuses on FS...as will Nolf.

Bo is just fine in freestyle. Won gold at an international event in Turkey a few years back, and didn't he make a Junior team? He was second only to Zahid that particular year. Folkstyle's a different beast, but I see Zahid taking this. He's big and just as lanky as Bo, and fundamentally sound especially with his defense. I think Zahid survives a scare or two from Bo's big moves, but picks his shots with that tricky left sweep single of his.

If TOSU couldn't get it done this year it may be a long while, and even if it's not I favor Cael's style of coaching and results to Ryan's all day long. I know I'm not exactly going out on a limb there, but it's more a gut feeling about Cael's demeanor that produces, and recruits wanting to wrestle for a gold medalist and the only undefeated 4 x champ. As I've aid earlier Ryan is sort of the hyped up Austin Desanto version of a coach( minus the cheap shots) Cael is seemingly always in better control, there is something to be said for that calm demeanor being translated into confidence to his wrestlers. 

If you're trolling, you're doing a nice job.  

The funny thing about PSU's guys are none of them are jacked.  Compare Nolf/Hidley, Zain/Deakin, Nickel/with anyone lol, and they look like they would get crushed.  However, just proves whats great about wrestling.  All different factors come into play with a great wrestler.  I will say they must all be a lot stronger than they look, though.

I do not know Aaron Brooks. I am also not a doctor or professional age/weight guesser like you would see at a carnival

However, I have been to many tournaments in Maryland and have seen him wrestle up close many times.

A few years ago when miles Martin was in high school he seemed much taller than brooks but kind of lanky and skinny. Also, Ethan smith at Ohio state was at 182 the year after and also didn’t look very big for 182.

I think brooks is smaller than both but at the same time does not look as skinny. Looks like he has seen the weight room.

If he is going to be the 184 at PSU, I can’t imagine it’s next year. If anything he could probably make 165.

Again I have no inside knowledge but have seen many many high school matches of Martin, smith, and brooks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The funny thing about PSU's guys are none of them are jacked.  Compare Nolf/Hidley, Zain/Deakin, Nickel/with anyone lol, and they look like they would get crushed.  However, just proves whats great about wrestling.  All different factors come into play with a great wrestler.  I will say they must all be a lot stronger than they look, though.

A friend of mine made that observation to be at the PSU vs Lehigh dual. They probably aren't cutting a ton of weight.

A friend of mine made that observation to be at the PSU vs Lehigh dual. They probably aren't cutting a ton of weight.

By “friend”, you mean some random guy sitting near you in the bleachers?

What exactly is your beef with that post expert? Instead of "trolling" with the substance of a hollow log. 

I really don't feel like arguing with you since I don't see any upside... like being the smartest kid in summer school, or dunking on an 8 foot rim.  

Calling Ryan the "hyped up Austin Desanto version of a coach" either shows (a) how little you pay attention, or (b) how much you feel the need to go out of your way to throw dirt on the guy.  There's no merit to it whatsoever.  Your thoughts are so loosely connected that I can't come up with an explanation other than that you're just trying to illicit a reaction (congrats).  

By that same logic, Cael is sort of the Hannibal Lecter version of a coach (minus the serial killing).  I think we'd all be better off if your grandson never showed you how to use the internet.  

I really don't feel like arguing with you since I don't see any upside... like being the smartest kid in summer school, or dunking on an 8 foot rim.  

Calling Ryan the "hyped up Austin Desanto version of a coach" either shows (a) how little you pay attention, or (b) how much you feel the need to go out of your way to throw dirt on the guy.  There's no merit to it whatsoever.  Your thoughts are so loosely connected that I can't come up with an explanation other than that you're just trying to illicit a reaction (congrats).  

By that same logic, Cael is sort of the Hannibal Lecter version of a coach (minus the serial killing).  I think we'd all be better off if your grandson never showed you how to use the internet.  

Pardon me if I'm not impressed by your input at all, there is only something to "defend" in your forum world mind.. Ryan is amped up always, similar to the Desanto act, I pay plenty of attention and I se it regularly from him . I've got nothing against the guy or program, I just like Cael and companies demeanor better, I'm not the only one . I also think Snyder's comments were unnecessary, all he did was throw fuel on the fire.  You must be some big time TOSU fan, I could peruse your comments to find out but it's not worth the energy . Where's his ( Ryan's

)son btw? 

Pardon me if I'm not impressed by your input at all, there is only something to "defend" in your forum world mind.. Ryan is amped up always, similar to the Desanto act, I pay plenty of attention and I se it regularly from him . I've got nothing against the guy or program, I just like Cael and companies demeanor better, I'm not the only one . I also think Snyder's comments were unnecessary, all he did was throw fuel on the fire.  You must be some big time TOSU fan, I could peruse your comments to find out but it's not worth the energy . Where's his ( Ryan's

)son btw? 

It's not even really about defending the guy, there are just certain levels of stupidity that are difficult to ignore.  Part of me still thinks you're a genius-level troll and the spelling/grammar mistakes are just to throw people off the scent. 

)son btw? 

We get it. You have a man-crush on Cael. 

Where's his ( Ryan's

)son btw? 

Seriously you posted the most f'd up thing I have seen on the internet. You pick on a man's dead son to further your beef against him and your argument for your guy?  Ryan's son Teague died.  His other one isn't wrestling if that is what your intent was. 

https://www.newsday.com/sports/getting-past-a-tragedy-remembering-little-teague-hofstra-wrestling-coach-ryan-and-family-fondly-recall-5-year-old-as-they-recover-from-his-stunning-death-1.669855

Seriously you posted the most f'd up thing I have seen on the internet. You pick on a man's dead son to further your beef against him and your argument for your guy?  Ryan's son Teague died.  His other one isn't wrestling if that is what your intent was. 

https://www.newsday.com/sports/getting-past-a-tragedy-remembering-little-teague-hofstra-wrestling-coach-ryan-and-family-fondly-recall-5-year-old-as-they-recover-from-his-stunning-death-1.669855

Jesus you are a dumb****.  Of course he meant Jake, you clown