Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Fish

Snyder to WWE?

To summarize..... what does it say about amateur wrestling in this country if the currently third best (Smith then JB) legitimate wrestler the US has ever had, sold out to participate in soap opera for men? MMA I could understand. It is actually legitimate competition. Visualize Snyder in a male European cut bikini, strutting for the crowd to do some stunts, and get back to me.

Lol you are such a loser.

You've probably decried Pro Wrestling to your buddies ad naseum because you proclaimed to be a "Real Wrestler!!!" And now you're scared that somebody who's accomplished so much more than you and done so much more for the sport is going to validate something you don't like.

Grow up

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Obviously Snyder can make a living however he wants, but:

You have seen pharmaceutical commercials wherein a list of dangers and side effects of the medicine etc is provided. So tell me when WWE runs a show do they make an announcement every 15-30 minutes something like ~"WWE is an acting and acrobatics stunt display, not a competitive sport. If you want to watch an actual competitive wrestling event you may be able to find a wrestling competition at a nearby High School or College November thru March. The incredibly dangerous and destructive moves you see at a WWE event are stunts like you may see in a fantastic. Parents, if your child decides to compete in a youth or HS wrestling event, be assured that all athletes will be protected as much as possible by the officials"~

When you WWE sympathizers can demonstrate such announcements are being made, I will say fine guys, go for it, pro wrestling is no longer the enemy of amateur wrestling. Until then, how the heck can someone be both a Vince McMahon and Cael fan?

Lol one year at sectionals in HS me and a couple of buddies did a 10 minute WWE style match starting at the end of a round.

50 parents stood around and applauded us afterwards.

You people are psychos

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

You have seen pharmaceutical commercials wherein a list of dangers and side effects of the medicine etc is provided. So tell me when WWE runs a show do they make an announcement every 15-30 minutes something like ~"WWE is an acting and acrobatics stunt display, not a competitive sport. If you want to watch an actual competitive wrestling event you may be able to find a wrestling competition at a nearby High School or College November thru March. The incredibly dangerous and destructive moves you see at a WWE event are stunts like you may see in a fantastic. Parents, if your child decides to compete in a youth or HS wrestling event, be assured that all athletes will be protected as much as possible by the officials"~

When you WWE sympathizers can demonstrate such announcements are being made, I will say fine guys, go for it, pro wrestling is no longer the enemy of amateur wrestling. Until then, how the heck can someone be both a Vince McMahon and Cael fan?

Actually every WWE show has disclaimers through out the show saying that the wrestlers are highly trained professional athletes and not to try any of it at home.

Let me ask you this. When you watch a movie or tv show do you think there should be a disclaimer that says "hey people, fyi this is all fake. Don't watch this stuff, go out and cause real life drama out in the real world." Do you call actors fake because the shows and movies they star in are scripted? Pro wrestling has long abandoned the idea that it was actually real competition. If anything the fact that they've gone this route makes the stories more compelling and entertaining for some. Have you ever yelled at the tv screen when watching a tv show when a major plot twist takes place? Do you need others to tell you, "hey buddy. You know that story's fake!"

Edited by BigTenFanboy

I seem to remember EIWA at Syracuse in 1977. Someone decided doing a satire of Prowrestling during the break when they reloaded film canisters. Everyone was booing not laughing.

Maybe there is a WWE disclaimer similar to what you see on car adds, but it is pretty darn obvious that, there is no advertisement of the existence of a real sport. An awful lot of people have know idea that we exist. And of course kids ignore that message, attempt to do what they see, and constantly get hurt.

I seem to remember EIWA at Syracuse in 1977. Someone decided doing a satire of Prowrestling during the break when they reloaded film canisters. Everyone was booing not laughing.

Maybe there is a WWE disclaimer similar to what you see on car adds, but it is pretty darn obvious that, there is no advertisement of the existence of a real sport. An awful lot of people have know idea that we exist. And of course kids ignore that message, attempt to do what they see, and constantly get hurt.

Do military and war time movies and tv shows create advertisements telling civilians to join the military? Why is it WWE's responsibility to promote youth, high school, or collegiate wrestling? Not a single statement you've made regarding this matter holds any weight. If you dont like prowrestling that's your right, but they have ZERO responsibility to promote anything other than their business. With that said, the WWE contributes a heck of a lot more money towards breast and pediatric cancer research, anti bullying campaigns and tons of other charities than USA Wrestling could even dream of.

And there a plenty of former collegiate and high school wrestlers than participate in prowrestling and love it. It's not just about money to them. But I guess those guys are sellouts for doing to what they love and not what you love.

And FYI 1977 was a long time ago.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

Do military and war time movies and tv shows create advertisements telling civilians to join the military? Why is it WWE's responsibility to promote youth, high school, or collegiate wrestling? Not a single statement you've made regarding this matter holds any weight. If you dont like prowrestling that's your right, but they have ZERO responsibility to promote anything other than their business. With that said, the WWE contributes a heck of a lot more money towards breast and pediatric cancer research, anti bullying campaigns and tons of other charities than USA Wrestling could even dream of.

And there a plenty of former collegiate and high school wrestlers than participate in prowrestling and love it. It's not just about money to them. But I guess those guys are sellouts for doing to what they love and not what you love.

And FYI 1977 was a long time ago.

Gorilla Monsoon aka Bob "Gino" Marella donated a lot of money to Ithaca College wrestling (where he competed himself in the late 1950's, and took 2nd in the NCAA's) during his life.  He'd often talk about the importance of an amateur wrestling background on WWE programming. Matter of fact watch Wrestlemania III. Randy Savage Vs Ricky Steamboat, when many call the greatest professional wrestling match of all time.  He says during the commentary how important it is to have an amateur wrestling background.  

When Dusty Rhodes aka Virgil Runnels passed away a few years ago, many amateur wrestling medias mentioned his passing? Now why would they do that?  Why would an amateur wrestling media mention the passing of a guy with no amateur wrestling background?  Why would they do that?  Oh, that's right...because he donated all sorts of money to amateur wrestling programs during his life.  Helped where his son Cody wrestled in high school.  

Pretty sure that Rick and Scott Steiner (Rob and Scott Rechsteiner) have been pretty generous towards their old high school wrestling program as well over the years. 

....check out Brock destroying a Cadillac, on YouTube----  I chuckled, but, really, anybody that would participate in an event like that, or pay to watch it in person or pay per view, would really have a double 00 buckshot IQ..... it is comical though......

....check out Brock destroying a Cadillac, on YouTube---- I chuckled, but, really, anybody that would participate in an event like that, or pay to watch it in person or pay per view, would really have a double 00 buckshot IQ..... it is comical though......

So people that participate in and go to a “play” to escape reality and get entertained for a little bit are idiots. Gotcha!

....check out Brock destroying a Cadillac, on YouTube---- I chuckled, but, really, anybody that would participate in an event like that, or pay to watch it in person or pay per view, would really have a double 00 buckshot IQ..... it is comical though......

Is that your opinion of Gable Steveson?

https://www.google.com/search?q=gable+steveson+brock+lesnar&client=tablet-android-samsung&source=android-browser&prmd=vni&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwifybPM0f3ZAhWBwVkKHeLiDpkQ_AUICygD&biw=768&bih=1024#imgdii=ctTk-IxzuPWjqM:&imgrc=MoT_R0rMp9Qh2M:

Edited by BigTenFanboy

Gorilla Monsoon aka Bob "Gino" Marella donated a lot of money to Ithaca College wrestling (where he competed himself in the late 1950's, and took 2nd in the NCAA's) during his life.  He'd often talk about the importance of an amateur wrestling background on WWE programming. Matter of fact watch Wrestlemania III. Randy Savage Vs Ricky Steamboat, when many call the greatest professional wrestling match of all time.  He says during the commentary how important it is to have an amateur wrestling background.  

When Dusty Rhodes aka Virgil Runnels passed away a few years ago, many amateur wrestling medias mentioned his passing? Now why would they do that?  Why would an amateur wrestling media mention the passing of a guy with no amateur wrestling background?  Why would they do that?  Oh, that's right...because he donated all sorts of money to amateur wrestling programs during his life.  Helped where his son Cody wrestled in high school.  

Pretty sure that Rick and Scott Steiner (Rob and Scott Rechsteiner) have been pretty generous towards their old high school wrestling program as well over the years.

Not to mention Gerald Brisco a current WWE employee and former OSU Cowboy who is still heavily involved in OSU Wrestling for the past 30 some years.

When you WWE sympathizers can demonstrate such announcements  are being made, I will say fine guys, go for it, pro wrestling is no longer the enemy of amateur wrestling. Until then, how the heck can someone be both a Vince McMahon and Cael fan?  

Hey, if Fox News doesn't have to tell people they aren't really news, why should WWE have to say they aren't really wrestling? Plus, a guy would have to be borderline retarded to think that stuff is real (sadly: I know people who still think it's real).

Edited by TobusRex

.... there is no way in H3LL Kyle is stupid enough to participate in the human version of dog fighting- - anyone who would follow/ believe/ enjoy WWE/MMA or any of the other spin offs is proof of inbreeding/generations of family ignorance/tainted gene pool(s)....

Or desperately poor. 

Hey, if Fox News doesn't have to tell people they aren't really news, why should WWE have to say they aren't really wrestling? 

That is the greatest quote of all time on themat.com.  Maybe anywhere.  I'll always give you credit for it TobusRex, but I'm using that. 

The obvious generosity towards amateur wrestling by everyone involved with the WWE has convinced me. We can see how the organization's homestate of Connecticut has

so many successful wrestling programs. (2 programs- Coast Guard and Sacred Heart- out of 21 4 year colleges). And of Course Vince McMahon's benevolence is why is alma mater, East Carolina, is such a national power. 

Of course the great expansion of the WWE just happened to coincide with the most catastrophic period of wrestling team loss, 1981-85. I am sure no college administrator said "we need to cancel a men's athletic program because of finances and/or Title 9. Why don't we dump the one that seems like the garbage shown on TV? "

So people that participate in and go to a “play” to escape reality and get entertained for a little bit are idiots. Gotcha!

.... i'm glad you "gotcha" you dick--- go escape reality with a blindfold in the Grand Canyon somewhere....

The obvious generosity towards amateur wrestling by everyone involved with the WWE has convinced me. We can see how the organization's homestate of Connecticut has

so many successful wrestling programs. (2 programs- Coast Guard and Sacred Heart- out of 21 4 year colleges). And of Course Vince McMahon's benevolence is why is alma mater, East Carolina, is such a national power. 

Of course the great expansion of the WWE just happened to coincide with the most catastrophic period of wrestling team loss, 1981-85. I am sure no college administrator said "we need to cancel a men's athletic program because of finances and/or Title 9. Why don't we dump the one that seems like the garbage shown on TV? "

You are way out of line here.

Do you think that Wayne Boyd, multimillionaire is at fault or should be blamed for why Toledo doesn't have a wrestling program?  DO you question his love/passion/dedication for wrestling as a result? 

What the Hell has Dana White done for wrestling other than say publicly that he'd like to see it removed from the Olympics in favor of being replaced by MMA? 

The WWE is a business. Whether you like their product or not is irrelevant. The fact that you disrespect and insult wrestlers that have an interest in that industry is disgusting. The fact that you blame Prowrestling for the demise of colligate wrestling programs displays your total lack of intelligence. I'm not making a generalized statement about groups of people. I am making a specific statement towards you.

You are way out of line here.

Do you think that Wayne Boyd, multimillionaire is at fault or should be blamed for why Toledo doesn't have a wrestling program?  DO you question his love/passion/dedication for wrestling as a result? 

What the Hell has Dana White done for wrestling other than say publicly that he'd like to see it removed from the Olympics in favor of being replaced by MMA? 

I saw Wayne Boyd wrestle for Temple on his way to an NCAA title for TEMPLE. I know he is one of about 20 guys who first beat Victor The Bear. I know he is involved with the Titan-Mercury Club. But I can find no Wikipedia article on either he or is fortune, so I doubt he ever made the Forbes 400, and maybe  coming up the 20M it would probably take to get wrestling and a female sport or two established at Temple or Toledo is not that simple.

I had to research why you were so mad at the letter turner on Wheel of Fortune.  Found that you were talking about MMA which I don't follow.

If you can find proof that I sometime praised MMA I will go away. But your statement that I am "way out of line" seems to be an unabashed demand that I shut up, so, no.

The WWE is a business. Whether you like their product or not is irrelevant. The fact that you disrespect and insult wrestlers that have an interest in that industry is disgusting. The fact that you blame Prowrestling for the demise of colligate wrestling programs displays your total lack of intelligence. I'm not making a generalized statement about groups of people. I am making a specific statement towards you.

Sure individual prowrestler may give some money to individual schools. Maybe even helps keep a program afloat. Pretty sure OkSU is not one of those. Maybe what Angle gives to Clarion keeps them competing. I know he went out of the way to say his associations were phony. But the Vince McMahon article I saw, clearly written by a fan or employee of his made it clear that a big part of the shows' disclosure was to avoid paying state athletic association taxes. (And likely lawsuits).  

But if you don't think prowrestling causes disrespect to HS and college wrestlers, I just don't know what part of America you live in. Who I do respect is my HS coach who said to (I really am not sure who) "Do you watch pro wrestling on TV? Don't do that stuff here."  

Edited by RichB

Sure individual prowrestler may give some money to individual schools.

But if you don't think prowrestling causes disrespect to HS and college wrestlers, I just don't know what part of America you live in. Who I do respect is my HS coach who said to (I really am not sure who) "Do you watch pro wrestling on TV? Don't do that here."

So when they talk about an amateur wrestlers legit credentials on tv in a positive way of making the person sound really good, that’s disrespectful to amateur wrestling?

I swear, the wrestling community is their own worst enemy some times. The days of pro wrestling being viewed as “legit” and “real” have long since passed. Everyone knows it is entertainment being put on by legit athletic people. It’s a tv show, it’s a movie, it’s a soap opera. That’s what it is. They always speak highly of amateur wrestlers and their backgrounds. Is it the wwe or Vince McMahon’s responsibility to be cutting checks and funding all these college programs because they promote “wrestling”? No they shouldn’t. Pro wrestling has gotten more people to try out the sport of amateur wrestling than an Olympic gold medalist making the interview circuit when they get home from competing. Yep kids go out for wrestling because of the wwe and some are bummed that it’s not like what they see on tv and quit, but others realize, “wow this is actually pretty cool and I enjoy doing this.” So they stick it out and fall in love with the sport. It happened with me and I know I’m not the only person that can say that.

It’s possible to enjoy both amateur wrestling and the wwe. Shoot we’ve had many posts in here by people who enjoy both. Snyder and Steveson have both posted about enjoying wwe. It doesn’t appear to have hurt their abilities to compete in amateur wrestling. You may not like and that’s fine. My wife enjoys reality tv garbage like the bachelor and I can’t stand it. We’re all entitled to our opinions but to down right trash people for liking it or trashing them for wanting to participate in it is wrong. Just say, “I don’t like pro wresting and wish Kyle wouldn’t do it but he’s an adult and can do what he wants.”

Sure individual prowrestler may give some money to individual schools. Maybe even helps keep a program afloat. Pretty sure OkSU is not one of those. Maybe what Angle gives to Clarion keeps them competing. I know he went out of the way to say his associations were phony. But the Vince McMahon article I saw, clearly written by a fan or employee of his made it clear that a big part of the shows' disclosure was to avoid paying state athletic association taxes. (And likely lawsuits).  

But if you don't think prowrestling causes disrespect to HS and college wrestlers, I just don't know what part of America you live in. Who I do respect is my HS coach who said to (I really am not sure who) "Do you watch pro wrestling on TV? Don't do that stuff here."  

Every smart business man tries to avoid paying taxes. I'm sure you try to write off as many taxes as possible with as many deductions as possible. It would be stupid of you not to.

As for disrespecting HS and College programs, you have yet to display how they do that?

During prowrestling matches of former NCAA wrestlers commemorators constantly bring up wrestler's previous accomplishments and accolades.

Bobby Lashley's NAIA National Championship is mentioned in most of his pro-matches.

Sheldon Benjamin's AA status at the University of Minnesota is always mentioned.

And there are many more where when doing biographies of up and coming wrestlers video footage of their youth and high school wrestling days are shown.

You seem to take exception to the fact that the WWE is a highly profitable company and in your opinion is not doing enough to promote or fund college and youth programs.

Do you think the NFL should be funding College Football teams? They certainly have the money to do so.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

It’s possible to enjoy both amateur wrestling and the wwe. Shoot we’ve had many posts in here by people who enjoy both. Snyder and Steveson have both posted about enjoying wwe. It doesn’t appear to have hurt their abilities to compete in amateur wrestling. You may not like and that’s fine. My wife enjoys reality tv garbage like the bachelor and I can’t stand it. We’re all entitled to our opinions but to down right trash people for liking it or trashing them for wanting to participate in it is wrong. Just say, “I don’t like pro wresting and wish Kyle wouldn’t do it but he’s an adult and can do what he wants.”

I love how this guy still hasnt acknowledged by question regarding Gable Steveson's recent interaction with Brock Lesnar. OR how Paul Heyman a HUGE personality in the WWE world tweeted praise of Gable's recent accomplishments. Yea thats a lot of disrespect going on there.

Also if you read the replies from the tweet regarding Snyder vs Brock Lesnar MANY of them are saying "I have no idea who Kyle Snyder is" and those same people are getting educated and exposed to the greatness that is Kyle Snyder. Who knows, maybe that tweet just opened the door to a number of new NCAA Wrestling fans.

BUT NOOOOOO!!! WWE and PROWRESTLING IS A DISGRACE to Amature wrestling!!!

Edited by BigTenFanboy