• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

#121 Joe24

Joe24

Silver Member

• Banned
  • 1,245 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 04:22 PM

He's majoring in winning world and olympic titles.  

..makes more sense to me.  

#122 pennsyrules

pennsyrules

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,918 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 06:30 AM

Depends on what your goal is.  If your goal is to maximize income, then Pro Wrestling is the way to go.  I would imagine there are no wrestlers who have made the same money as those who have succeeded in the WWE.  Now, personally, I would try to win another Olympic Gold and then go the WWE route.  However, will his stock be any lower if he gets beat at the next Olympic Games?  I'm sure his agents are looking at all the options.

#123 ROCK2

ROCK2
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 09:21 AM

Pro wrestling is dying. TV ratings are way down along with attendance at arena shows. The WWE essentially bought out or destroyed the regional brands like the NWA or WCW.  Even the pro wrestlers say it's dying.

I saw interview an interview with Snyder after the tournament (local here in Ohio) where he said he wanted to wrestle freestyle as long as he could and then coach.

#124 TobusRex

TobusRex

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,937 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 09:35 AM

Kyle Snyder:

• Academic All-Big Ten and OSU Scholar Athlete (2015, 2016, 2017)

• CoSIDA Academic All-District At-Large (2017)
• Second Team CoSIDA Academic All-American (2017)
• NWCA Academic All-American (2015, 2016, 2017)

Very impressive for a D1 college wrestler who also travels all over the world to compete in freestyle tournaments. 

"What I meant" in 3...2...1.

Depends on the major. Academically I have a lot less respect for a guy with a 4.0 GPA in business than I do somebody with a 3.0 in Engineering. Some academic disciplines are far more rigorous than others. I'm not one to call Snyder a dummy, but isn't Kyle's major "Human Sexual Psychology"? Sounds pretty "creampuff" to me. I don't blame him, most guys aren't cut out for the hard sciences, let alone a guy jetsetting around the world wrestling constantly. 

Edited by TobusRex, 25 March 2018 - 09:36 AM.

#125 JohnnyThompsonnum1

JohnnyThompsonnum1

Gold Member

• Members
  • 8,428 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 09:51 AM

Pro wrestling is dying. TV ratings are way down along with attendance at arena shows. The WWE essentially bought out or destroyed the regional brands like the NWA or WCW.  Even the pro wrestlers say it's dying.

I saw interview an interview with Snyder after the tournament (local here in Ohio) where he said he wanted to wrestle freestyle as long as he could and then coach. 

Pro wrestling itself is dying as a whole.  WWE on the other hand is alive, well and breathing.  WrestleMania just two short years ago broke the WM3 attendance record of 93,173 fans (supposedly really only 78,000) with 101,763 fans.

2017 WrestleMania and 2017 Royal Rumble also with 75,000+ and 50,000+ are also in top attendance records for all time WWE as well. 

The PPV's are a bit down, but 2013 really wasn't that long ago and that ranks 6th with over a million buys on WWE's PPV's which began back in 1983 or 1984 shortly before WrestleMania.

He goes WWE, he'll have a good long run of plenty of money.

"Gable said something in the newspapers to the effect that he had to show up on the podium and accept defeat like he accepted winning. Personally, I think that's the mark of a true sportsman. Such antics as having to be called repeatedly to the awards podium, hopping down prematurely, trashing one's medal at the venue, etc., don't show how much a guy hates to lose, etc. Taking a loss like a man, then coming back to compete harder (again like Gable did) does." Hurricanewrestling

#126 BigTenFanboy

BigTenFanboy

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 09:54 AM

Pro wrestling itself is dying as a whole.  WWE on the other hand is alive, well and breathing.  WrestleMania just two short years ago broke the WM3 attendance record of 93,173 fans (supposedly really only 78,000) with 101,763 fans.
2017 WrestleMania and 2017 Royal Rumble also with 75,000+ and 50,000+ are also in top attendance records for all time WWE as well. 
The PPV's are a bit down, but 2013 really wasn't that long ago and that ranks 6th with over a million buys on WWE's PPV's which began back in 1983 or 1984 shortly before WrestleMania.
He goes WWE, he'll have a good long run of plenty of money.

It will also open him up to tons of product licensing deals.

#127 CatchWrestler74kg

CatchWrestler74kg
  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 12:04 PM

LET'S BOYCOTT USA WRESTLING FOR PUTTING THIS CRAP ON THEIR CHANNEL EVEN THOUGH HE GAVE ELLIS COLEMAN PROPS!!!

#128 JohnnyThompsonnum1

JohnnyThompsonnum1

Gold Member

• Members
  • 8,428 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 03:27 PM

I was going to do my annual disappear until next March thing, but I have to post something that I came across tonight. 

While doing some research, trying to figure out the history of The University of Tampa's wrestling history I came across something. 

A $500 annual scholarship given to a Spartan wrestler each year. The scholarship was known as the Eddie Gossett scholarship.   

"Eddie Gossett" I thought to myself. "Isn't that Eddie Graham's real name? Pro wrestler Eddie Graham.  The Eddie Graham that owned and operated Championship Wrestling From Florida?" 

Sure enough it was.  Eddie Gossett had an annual scholarship he'd give out to University of Tampa wrestler's each year. 

He also got the wrestling program started at Robinson High School in Tampa.  Using money from Championship Wrestling From Florida to pay for mats, uniforms and the coach's first year salary.  

When the University of Florida decided to start up a wrestling program in the 1969-1970 season, guess who donated $10,000 to help the team get started?

So so much for that pro wrestler being a "disgrace to our sport." 

"Gable said something in the newspapers to the effect that he had to show up on the podium and accept defeat like he accepted winning. Personally, I think that's the mark of a true sportsman. Such antics as having to be called repeatedly to the awards podium, hopping down prematurely, trashing one's medal at the venue, etc., don't show how much a guy hates to lose, etc. Taking a loss like a man, then coming back to compete harder (again like Gable did) does." Hurricanewrestling

#129 de4856

de4856

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 03:33 PM

Kyle was interviewed by Flo just a day or two ago, he told Flo he wants to wrestle until he's 36 or 37, and wants to make 5 Olympics, so I don't think the WWE is in his plans.

#130 hammerlockthree

hammerlockthree

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,545 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 04:01 PM

he's way too short to be in the WWE. 

#131 BigTenFanboy

BigTenFanboy

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 04:09 PM

he's way too short to be in the WWE.

There's plenty of a guys shorter than him that have been in the WWE. He's 5'11 and there have been many guys in the 5'8-5'9 range, some of which went on to be the biggest draws of the company like Rey Mysterio and Eddie Gurrero.

Edited by BigTenFanboy, 11 April 2018 - 04:13 PM.

#132 Cletus_Tucker

Cletus_Tucker

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,361 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 07:06 PM

Interesting discussion.    Not sure I can go along with the line of thinking that Snyder to WWE = much if any of a plus for NCAA wrestling, but I don't see what it can hurt.   I'd certainly hope all the adults who watch the stuff know it's a scripted act.    I'd also look at the dangerous culture of booze, drugs, PED's, etc. as the main concern for any of our wrestlers going that route.    I'd really like to see Kyle stick around till 2024.   If he does that, I think he's done more than anyone could have asked for.  

#133 WillieBoy

WillieBoy

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 03:24 AM

"Pro rasslin" to get more popular and make money is the moral equivalent of becoming a whore to get more dates.

#134 BigTenFanboy

BigTenFanboy

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 04:02 PM

"Pro rasslin" to get more popular and make money is the moral equivalent of becoming a whore to get more dates.

Yea that makes a lot of sense.

"Pro wrasslin" is a business, a very successful one at that. It's acting/showmanship with a very physical component. It's no different from actors who also do their own stunts. But if you want to equate it to prostitution then so be it.
  • JohnnyThompsonnum1 likes this

#135 WillieBoy

WillieBoy

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 12:57 PM

Yea that makes a lot of sense.

"Pro wrasslin" is a business, a very successful one at that. It's acting/showmanship with a very physical component. It's no different from actors who also do their own stunts. But if you want to equate it to prostitution then so be it.

Whorehouses are a legal business in some places also.

Doesn't change the facts that becoming a whore in "pro rasslin" is not wrestling. Not at all. Some will do anything to make a dollar.

• cjc007 likes this

#136 BigTenFanboy

BigTenFanboy

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 06:17 PM

Whorehouses are a legal business in some places also.

Doesn't change the facts that becoming a whore in "pro rasslin" is not wrestling. Not at all. Some will do anything to make a dollar.

Find me a person who still thinks prowrestling is real sport and I'll call them an idiot, but let me ask you this.. are actors that perform in movies, tv shows, and plays also whores? You realize the wrestling that Alex Shafer did in the movie Win Win was scripted and not real right? Is he a whore for participating in fake wrestling? You're a real non-judgemental human being.

I'm sure if you were offered the big bucks some of these prowrestlers make you would "whore" yourself out in a heartbeat.

Is Danny Hodge a whore?
Is Kurt Angle a whore?
What about Jake Herbert?

Again the fact that you see prowrestling as the same as having sex for money speaks volumes about you. And if you say it's stupid because it's got lame acting and weak storilines, fair enough. But if you say its stupid because its fake, well the same goes for movies, tv shows, plays, novels, and quite often the news and media. So I guess all those are also the same as having sex for money according to you.

Edited by BigTenFanboy, 14 April 2018 - 06:46 PM.

#137 WillieBoy

WillieBoy

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 02:49 AM

Sorry guy, but movie actors don't try to pass themselves off as the characters they play most of the time.

You go from Wrestling to "rasslin" and you are what you are - whoring for the dollars.

You may well be a great athlete but you are no longer a Wrestler. You are a sideshow freak.

• cjc007 likes this

#138 BigTenFanboy

BigTenFanboy

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 04:02 AM

Sorry guy, but movie actors don't try to pass themselves off as the characters they play most of the time.

You go from Wrestling to "rasslin" and you are what you are - whoring for the dollars.

You may well be a great athlete but you are no longer a Wrestler. You are a sideshow freak.

So? Pro wrestlers fully acknowledge its an act and a show and that they are playing characters.

Furthermore the a wrestling show is a live performance and is ongoing so theyre constantly promoting the show. Movies once released is one and done.

But that means they're whores according to you.

Well according to me you're attitude makes you arrogant and judgmental. 

So again. Answer the question directly?

Is Jake Herbert a whore?

Is Danny Hodge a whore?

or are you going to just ignore the direct question like a coward?

I want to hear you stick to your bs opinion can call each and everyone one of these former wrestlers individually by name "whores." 

Doubt you have to guts to do so, which shows how full of it you are as a human being.

And for someone who trashes these people, I highly doubt you follow any of them or know what they do or how they act in public.

You just stick to your narrow minded arrogant ignorant holier than thou point of view and keep talking about things you clearly know very little about.

Edited by BigTenFanboy, 16 April 2018 - 04:13 AM.

• JohnnyThompsonnum1 likes this

#139 JohnnyThompsonnum1

JohnnyThompsonnum1

Gold Member

• Members
  • 8,428 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 12:36 AM

Wow, I didn't realize this was 1979....I thought it was 2018. You know, just shy of 40 years since it was admitted in a court of law in Nebraska that professional wrestling was an act. 

#140 JohnnyThompsonnum1

JohnnyThompsonnum1

Gold Member

• Members
  • 8,428 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 12:41 AM

So? Pro wrestlers fully acknowledge its an act and a show and that they are playing characters.

Furthermore the a wrestling show is a live performance and is ongoing so theyre constantly promoting the show. Movies once released is one and done.

But that means they're whores according to you.

Well according to me you're attitude makes you arrogant and judgmental. 

So again. Answer the question directly?

Is Jake Herbert a whore?

Is Danny Hodge a whore?

or are you going to just ignore the direct question like a coward?

I want to hear you stick to your bs opinion can call each and everyone one of these former wrestlers individually by name "whores." 

Doubt you have to guts to do so, which shows how full of it you are as a human being.

And for someone who trashes these people, I highly doubt you follow any of them or know what they do or how they act in public.

You just stick to your narrow minded arrogant ignorant holier than thou point of view and keep talking about things you clearly know very little about.

I guess Larry the Cable guy is a "whore"  because Dan Whitney (his real name) is nothing at all like Larry the Cable Guy. Doesn't talk like that, doesn't think like that, doesn't have the same mannerisms.  It is all an act. An act that Dan Whitney puts on nearly 100% of the time. 

I guess Gilbert Gottfried must be a "whore" too.  Come across some old SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE episodes from the late 70's and early 80's when he was a member of the cast.  You'll find plenty of examples of him talking in a normal voice. It almost weirds you out because he's almost always in character of the high pitched, annoying nasal voice that he is so famous for.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users