Sign in to follow this  
GuillermoBilletas

Eastern Michigan

but maybe the taxpayers and politicians are more concerned about the millions of dollars being wasted every tear than the prestige of the administrators

This is the only path.

Though I fear it would simply lead to EMU leaving the MAC and not in saving wrestling.

Though I fear it would simply lead to EMU leaving the MAC and not in saving wrestling.

for sure thats a possibility. not unlike Boise State forcing Bob Kustra to retire but still not bringing back the wrestling program. 

personally i just like the idea of making life miserable for the EMU admins (and BSU, etc) when they thoughtlessly and needlessly cut wrestling without transparency or stakeholder dialog and feedback. if there is any possibility that it could serve as a deterrent to other admins who may be paying attention from attempting a similar move then it is worth it imo.

Bunsis says he's got more analysis on the way. 

http://michiganradio.org/post/accounting-professor-says-emu-will-lose-money-cutting-four-sports

still might be flawed and its doubtful it changes anything but, imo, if it possible it makes some other AD/Admin think twice about pulling a similar stunt, I am all for it, and for touting the crap out of it.  

Now they have the audacity to say that they cannot bring back the programs because they no longer have enough players after they forced them to look elsewhere!

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2018/07/03/emu-teams-eliminated-court/754413002/

I can you from personal experience you're not dealing with a whole lot of ethics at EMU.  None of this is surprising.

Bolyard announced as volunteer assistant at the university of Michigan. Glad to see Dave land on his feet somewhere. Not that there was much glimmer of hope of EMU being reinstated but this effectively shuts any cracks that door may have had.