• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#101 Pinnum

Pinnum

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,825 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 10:16 AM

but maybe the taxpayers and politicians are more concerned about the millions of dollars being wasted every tear than the prestige of the administrators

This is the only path.

Though I fear it would simply lead to EMU leaving the MAC and not in saving wrestling.
Twitter: @Pinnum

#102 Jaroslav Hasek

Jaroslav Hasek

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,097 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 11:01 AM

Though I fear it would simply lead to EMU leaving the MAC and not in saving wrestling.

for sure thats a possibility. not unlike Boise State forcing Bob Kustra to retire but still not bringing back the wrestling program. 

personally i just like the idea of making life miserable for the EMU admins (and BSU, etc) when they thoughtlessly and needlessly cut wrestling without transparency or stakeholder dialog and feedback. if there is any possibility that it could serve as a deterrent to other admins who may be paying attention from attempting a similar move then it is worth it imo.

#103 Jaroslav Hasek

Jaroslav Hasek

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,097 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 04:17 AM

Bunsis says he's got more analysis on the way. 

http://michiganradio...ing-four-sports

still might be flawed and its doubtful it changes anything but, imo, if it possible it makes some other AD/Admin think twice about pulling a similar stunt, I am all for it, and for touting the crap out of it.  

• Pinnum likes this

#104 Show_Me

Show_Me

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 735 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 11:11 AM

Any updates or news regarding efforts to save the Program ?

Based on the lack of discussion on here it doesn't look promising.

#105 Sheerstress

Sheerstress

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,552 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 07:26 PM

Now they have the audacity to say that they cannot bring back the programs because they no longer have enough players after they forced them to look elsewhere!

https://www.freep.co...ourt/754413002/

#106 Coach_J

Coach_J

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,160 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 12:54 AM

Now they have the audacity to say that they cannot bring back the programs because they no longer have enough players after they forced them to look elsewhere!

https://www.freep.co...ourt/754413002/

I can you from personal experience you're not dealing with a whole lot of ethics at EMU.  None of this is surprising.

All Motown, All the Time

www.writeondetroit.com

#107 tec87

tec87

Gold Member

• Members
  • 7,098 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 07:37 AM

Bolyard announced as volunteer assistant at the university of Michigan. Glad to see Dave land on his feet somewhere. Not that there was much glimmer of hope of EMU being reinstated but this effectively shuts any cracks that door may have had.
  • Coach_J likes this
FIRE UP CHIPS!!!!

#108 Coach_J

Coach_J

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,160 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 11:53 PM

By all accounts a great guy and a very solid coach.  Good to see him still in the game.

All Motown, All the Time

www.writeondetroit.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users