Sign in to follow this  
spladle

Nickal vs Valencia

I thought Gabe Dean would beat Nickal and Nickal still won. I think Zahid is a better wrestler, but Nickal will find a way to win. Myles Martin is very, very good and Nickal just stuck him.  

And he looks like a piece of limp spaghetti. Bo looks like a skinny armed, blonde headed Gumby on the mat. If I'd seen a guy like that across the mat from me in the day I'd have assumed I would be getting a first period pin. Not only that if I assumed a guy was weak I'd immediately go upper body and try the fun stuff (headlock throw - my fave, lateral drop, etc). Something tells me against Bo I probably would've been the one getting a free ride!

He's fun to watch, creative, and bold. I love watching Bo wrestle.

Edited by TobusRex

And he looks like a piece of limp spaghetti. Bo looks like a skinny armed, blonde headed Gumby on the mat. If I'd seen a guy like that across the mat from me in the day I'd have assumed I would be getting a first period pin. Not only that if I assumed a guy was weak I'd immediately go upper body and try the fun stuff (headlock throw - my fave, lateral drop, etc). Something tells me against Bo I probably would've been the one getting a free ride!

He's fun to watch, creative, and bold. I love watching Bo wrestle.

You haven’t read DFs rules of wrestling apparently.

Bo Nickal is a modern day Wade Schalles.   Having a guy trying to pin you from any position, at all times, changes how you wrestle. 

A close friend of mine ,and someone that was a mentor to me, was the only wrestler to beat Schalles at the NCAA tourney. I worked some camps for him  in high school. Bruce Trammel...still selling real estate in the Cleveland area. 

Bo's not technical enough to be compared to Schalles

Silly remark. They were and are both great technical wrestlers. You can't do what Bo Nickal does while lacking the technical precision to pull off all the chain wrestling to improve position let alone his insane variety of pinning combinations.

He is a skinny 184 who is a step ahead of all comers in his weight class for 2 years now, including a guy most thought would destroy his world.

Edited by TBar1977

I thought Gabe Dean would beat Nickal and Nickal still won. I think Zahid is a better wrestler, but Nickal will find a way to win. Myles Martin is very, very good and Nickal just stuck him.

I thought Nickal would bear Dean. I think Zahid beats Nickal if he moves up and fills out the weight.

As a Nickal fan, I would hope they don't wrestle at the all-star. Coaches can't be trusted. Don't think PSU/ASU hits and if Martin is in the field next year, the 1-seed is more meaningful.

What if Martin redshirts?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

How come Zahid crushed Bo in freestyle? Honest question. Do we think that won’t translate regular season and in folk?

Zahid can match Bo in athleticism and pure skill level, and he had the size advantage at that moment. He is a very top notch freestyler as well.

Those two would be a great match in folk.

How come Zahid crushed Bo in freestyle? Honest question. Do we think that won’t translate regular season and in folk?

They had 2 matches where Zahid won 8-2 and 2-1.

It definitely wasn't a situation where you write it off as a pure Freestyle win. I'd favor Zahid in Folkstyle (which is why I thought him and Anthony would bump up last season).

But I didn't get the impression that Bo couldn't beat him.

On the feat Zahid had cleaner attacks and counters.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk