NJDan

Yianni Cojones

Not sure how much I’d like my son workin with a trainer who told a wrestler he’d be fine and don’t be a baby while he was competing with a torn ACL! Is this for real this trainer did this, said this??

Did you see Yianni's interview after the quarters? Directly afterwards he got asked about it and said emphatically that nothing at all was wrong in any way, "just a scare". Pretty sure his mind was made up. 

I still find it hard to believe he was hurt. Anyway he is just so freakishly strong it doesn't matter?

This seems strange. Is a torn ACL really something that's difficult to diagnose?  The people i've seen tear their ACLs in wrestling go down and trainers can tell pretty quickly what the issue is.  Is it a matter of this being  a partial tear?  Are the Cornell trainers unable to diagnose this?  Is Yianni superhuman and doesn't need his ACL?

Not sure how much I’d like my son workin with a trainer who told a wrestler he’d be fine and don’t be a baby while he was competing with a torn ACL! Is this for real this trainer did this, said this??

Yeah should of injury default during Heil match...

I think we all have the same source, and it's irrefutable, that he tore his ACL in the Heil match and will have surgery. 

I believe that it's possible to tear an ACL and not be immediately incapacitated.

ACL tears tend to vary in pain or the amount they limit the injured party.   I've torn both of mine and the right leg pain was nearly unbearable.    The left leg pain was only mild.  I discovered the tear a week later when I went in just to make sure I hadn't injured it beyond a strain.    I've saw Greg Lloyd of the Pittsburgh Steelers crying his eyes out in the middle of the field when his snapped, and I've seen gymnastics teenage girls limp around a little and  then stretch it out before resuming their training.  That's not to say Yianni is as resilient as a teenage girl, rather merely pointing out it varies from person to person and in my case, even from leg to leg.   

This may be the source

Rob Koll's NCAA UpDate

NCAA Update:

133 Chas Tucker went 1-2. Chas hit two very tough wrestlers but that is to be expected as it is the NCAA tournament! In order to take the next step Chas has to be able to ride. He keeps most matches, win or lose close and this is his only weakness. If we can turn this into a positive he will be on the podium.

141 It’s no secret that Yianni won the NCAA championship. What is not so well known is that he did it on one leg. He hurt his knee in his quarter finals match victory over 2x NCAA champion Dean Heil, OK ST. Yianni will find out tomorrow the severity of the injury. Special thanks to trainer Chris Scarlata for convincing Yianni “he was fine so quit acting like a damn baby”. Chris has a way with words. 

Re: Rob Koll's NCAA UpDate

icon_post_target.gifby NJDan Â» Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:41 pm

Word is that Yianni tore his ACL in the quarters. Then he went out and beat Eirman and Bryce in ridiculously clutch fashion.

Surgery awaits.

http://wrestlingreport.com/current_news/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=62537&sid=f19fa093b3e25531442006e21cc0447d

If true, hope he gets well soon. and if needed, I unselfishly offer up my time to personally console Mom Diakomihalis through

this tumultuous time and get her back on the road to recovery. I vow to be her rock. 

Sincerely,

Sergeant Hulka's Big Toe,

Word is that Yianni tore his ACL in the quarters. Then he went out and beat Eirman and Bryce in ridiculously clutch fashion. Brass balls on that one, albeit no triceps.

Surgery awaits.

If true, much respect.  Didn't notice him favoring anything...what is Cornell feeding their wrestlers...pain killers on roids?  Kinda serious.  

LOL, you will complain about anything, won't you scribe.

superbowl homeboy suspected Dan was not the source of the information, and he was correct on that assumption because Koll's newsletter turned out to be the source. I found the original source and referenced it.

Funny thing is, I knew you'd be an shizzhole about this. Because that's what you do best. 

Clown Scribe is like a pseudo-intellectual poster...but not quite.  

“he was fine so quit acting like a damn baby”. 

This sounds like malpractice to me.  Very amazing that Yanni won, he is an incredible athlete, but hopefully he did not sustain permanent damage from competing on the torn ACL without a brace.  

Edited by Billyhoyle

W

I’m looking to open a line of communication with his mom. Just so I can see the inside information.

Just not cool.  When you resort to this, you ain't that!  I suspect you know this.  Do like Yianni though.  Think brother will be as good?

“he was fine so quit acting like a damn baby”. 

This sounds like malpractice to me.  Very amazing that Yanni won, he is an incredible athlete, but hopefully he did not sustain permanent damage from competing on the torn ACL without a brace.  

Tort reform anyone?

“he was fine so quit acting like a damn baby”. Thats kind of what I first thought but I guess some people on here come from the old school of rub some dirt on your torn ligament you’ll be fine ...and what’s worse this was coming from the person paid to take care of you physically.

I know Yianni would have never of stopped wrestling or admitted anything but it’s the trainers job to step In when heart takes over mind.

It all worked out but what if Yianni would have shredded his knee completely with no support in the semis and it was career altering and we came to find out the trainer gave this same advice...?

It’s ok because the worst case didn’t happen? The next guy he’s careless with may not be so lucky that’s all I’m saying. Pretty simple logic really.

This sounds like malpractice to me. Very amazing that Yanni won, he is an incredible athlete, but hopefully he did not sustain permanent damage from competing on the torn ACL without a brace.

W

Just not cool.  When you resort to this, you ain't that!  I suspect you know this.  Do like Yianni though.  Think brother will be as good?

I am pretty much that. When I see something good, I call it for what it is.

And I hope like hell his brother is as good as Yianni.