Sign in to follow this  
jeffr_ideal

Ronnie Perry - TD or no TD?

Saw officials call that 2 all weekend. If 2 was given, Zain would have immediately escaped and likely would have scored a TD. Didn’t affect the outcome.

If the td was awarded and challenged it would have been overturned. Also it was at the buzzer and there would have been no time for Zain to escape.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

College that's 2, especially at NCAA's. High school that is nothing.

Doesn't take away that Zain was not going to lose that match but Perry definitely showed up to wrestle, didn't back down and proved him making the finals wasn't a fluke.

Props to both guys.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

College that's 2, especially at NCAA's. High school that is nothing.

Doesn't take away that Zain was not going to lose that match but Perry definitely showed up to wrestle, didn't back down and proved him making the finals wasn't a fluke.

Props to both guys.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

In college that is not 2. Perry only had 1 leg. He never even for an instant touched the other leg or hip.

I would have given him 2. Very impressed with Perry in this match. Escaped from Retherford twice and matched his pace the entire bout. Definitely would have been a lot more interesting had he been awarded the takedown.

And I would have thrown in the brick for a video challenge from which upon review the call would have been overturned as no takedown.

Looked like he was close to a TD.  I wonder if LH had a challenge brick remaining if they would have used it.  Start at the 0:57:30 of this replay. 

http://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=3304555

I just have to say, Perry looked really good in this match. 

...and the result is still a DEC?  Did not look like control to me.  For Zain, not impressed his last two matches.  His Semi's he didn't cut quick enough in the 3rd when it was obvious he should have.  Zain was wrestling for Zain.  Wanted the 3rd more than PSU's team win.

If the td was awarded and challenged it would have been overturned. Also it was at the buzzer and there would have been no time for Zain to escape.

Not even sure of the point of this post.  Zain winning by DEC more than he should have?

Not even sure of the point of this post.  Zain winning by DEC more than he should have?

The post I was commenting on said that even if the td was awarded, Zain would have immediately escaped. My point was that time had expired therefor an immediate escape would not have been possible.

In college that is not 2. Perry only had 1 leg. He never even for an instant touched the other leg or hip.

I think he touched it, but didn’t have control. I’ve probably seen less control called 2 though.

If you watch the replay you will see he never touched the other leg. I've seen more control not awarded.

Agree with your second sentence.   Not that it really matters because he didn't have control of it, but he did touch the other leg right around 57:55 when Zain was on his butt.

Not only did he touch the hip, he also touched the other leg a few times including his inner thigh when Zain was on his butt.  After the live sequence, they show another angle in replay. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXxYsnL5etA

6:21 is the replay you mention.

He reaches but never makes contact with the other leg or hip. It was close, but never 2.